SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    I am publicly appoligizing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am publicly appoligizing Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
I apologize for my unnecessary COVID19 postings. I have embarrassed myself in front of my invisible internet friends.

I am 73 years old and diabetic. This virus could be deadly to me, and it causes me serious concern. More worrying to me, my wife is 76 and not in 100% good health. This could also me deadly to her. If I go, she will be really in trouble. I have to watch her like a hawk when she is in the kitchen.
She will put something on the stove on HIGH, then leave the kitchen and go do something else. She does remember to feed the dog.

My wife and I live alone, and can’t visit with our adult children. Our church is closed. My wife’s friends anr, like us, “sheltered in place”. I have no associates locally that I can reach out to. Our public shooting range is closed. All news is only about the COVID19 virus. Our local TV stations seem more interested in posting the new updated numbers of cases. I braved going to WalMart today just to get out of the house. I bought a pack of toilet paper that we didn’t need, just to do something.

I come to this place, SIGFORUM, for knowledge and to enjoy the many different subjects posted. Lately, it seems as if it has become more like BREAKING NEWS----COVID, COVID, COVID. I guess I allowed it to overcome me, but I am addicted to reading SIGFORUM. I should have just turned off my computer and forgot about it for awhile.

It has rained for 13 of the last 14 days, so getting outside and doing something has been damned near impossible.

There is no bread or bread products in any of the local markets.

SIGFORUM has been my refuge for almost 10 years.

Please accept my apology. I am truly sorry if I offended anyone.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Friend,

Please know that I was not offended.

I completely understand. This stuff is overwhelming.

It caught me the other day, when a good friend called from Indiana, saying that he had direct contact from friends in the military and intelligence. What he told me caused me to become quite unsettled and unfortunately dumped that on friends nearby.

These are very strange days. I also find solace here at SF. Things can happen when we feel isolated. You folks are in a stressful situation and anything can happen to anyone of us.

I will try to be mindful of your situation.

My email is in my profile. Feel free to contact me, if it might be helpful.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gwdex
posted Hide Post
In my view, you have nothing to apologize for. These are trying times. All will pass soon and our lives, for the most part, will return to normal.

Hang in there.

Greg
72 years young!!

Posts: 205 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing to apologize for...it's trying times for all.

My youngest son is an LEO, his wife is in the military. They live some distance from us and we only visit about every other year.

Recently, we have been video chatting with them. It greatly improves our interaction and we get to "see them". I would highly recommend it.

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
No worries man! Stay safe to you and the misses!

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
No worries or apologies Smile just be careful when venturing out. Wear gloves & a bandana around your airways to mitigate airborne contaminates. Wipe everything down upon your return as not introduce anything into your home & safe space.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Johnny, see my email in my profile and let me know where you are located. Maybe I can drop by using social distancing.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
Johnny, see my email in my profile and let me know where you are located. Maybe I can drop by using social distancing.

Email inbound.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Will Fly
For Beer
Picture of Tomster
posted Hide Post
Don't apologize. Your thoughts and actions in reference to you and your wife's survival are necessary. Do what you need to do and don't ever be afraid to speak your mind.

Posts: 6021 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post