SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Suggest Most Comfortable Holster For P238 For Girl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggest Most Comfortable Holster For P238 For Girl Login/Join 
Picture of Gascan
posted
Need the Sig Forum's brain trust to suggest the most comfortable holster(s) - doesn't matter what type - to be worn around the house by a 5 foot-nothing, 100 pound-ish gal; the holster will need to hold a P238. Trying to avoid having to buy multiple holsters to test out.

PS: I know this isn't really a concealed carry question so if I should have posted in the Pistols Section, I apologize.

Posts: 135 | Location: Sunny St. Pete | Registered: March 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
A pocket holster - Remora, Sticky, Desantis etc, are great for small guns like that, where you can just stick in your pocket around the house.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gascan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
A pocket holster - Remora, Sticky, Desantis etc, are great for small guns like that, where you can just stick in your pocket around the house.

For what it’s worth, the pockets on clothes her size are much too small for the pistol...

Posts: 135 | Location: Sunny St. Pete | Registered: March 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If around the house (open carry) and comfort are the criteria, I would go with a cross draw holster.
Comfortable and easy draw while seated.
And like any carry system, training needs to happen to ensure its safe proper use.
Finding comfortable holsters for women isnt easy, due to the difference in body structure between men and women. So you may be forced to try several different types before one works for her.
One and done may not apply.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't presume to know, so I asked around.

In my unscientific poll, the results are some type of elastic band that can be worn just below the bust is the most popular option.

https://specgear.com/product/truss-holster/
https://www.kangaroocarry.com/

My sample group gave some reasons:

Pockets on women's clothing are usually very small/useless.
Dresses do not have pockets.
Putting a gun on a hip is likely to be uncomfortable.
Putting a gun on a hip does not work when you are picking up children.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around the house most comfortable would be open carry, a good gun belt and a quality OWB holster.

Alien Gear, Vedder, Desantis all make comfortable OWB holsters.

I like like Beltman belts, they make an 11/4" gun belt that works well for women.

A point when ordering a belt for a woman.

Around the house they may want to wear it on their hips rather than their waist.

It will be a much longer belt than for the waist.

She will have to test out the most comfortable place to carry.

Behind the hip may work well.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the FIST ultra thin kydex IWB holsters. My wife has been using one since 2005, her EDC is a Glock 26.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If she wears a belt check out sneaky pete, looks like a large phone case!!

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a fanny pack

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
https://stealthgearusa.com/sig...ni-ventcore-holster/

Doesn't get much more comfortable, and it holds up very well. As long as they're in business, that's the only holster I will buy for a carry gun. Paired with a decent belt and some blue thread locker on the hardware mounting screws, I can't think of anything it's lacking for comfortable carry.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Check out the 'She Equips Herself' channel on youtube. The young lady in the videos is about the same stature, and she covers many topics aimed at women carrying.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smart Carry is great for concealment, also comfortable with a light gun:

https://www.smartcarry.com/

15% off through 9/22 with code SUMMER2020

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gascan
posted Hide Post
Just want to say thank to everyone who’s posted, I’m passing the suggestions to her and will post updates with what work or doesn’t as she try’s them.