SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Wisconsin Honoring Florida Update!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wisconsin Honoring Florida Update!! Login/Join 
Picture of Gary Slider
posted
If you are unaware of how Wisconsin Stated they would honor a Florida permit I won’t go into the particulars but they have posted an update. Now Wisconsin is stating the following on how they will honor a FL License:

Florida license ISSUED OR RENEWED TO NON-FLORIDA RESIDENTS ON OR AFTER 08/01/2013.

You can see it at https://www.doj.state.wi.us/dl...al-carry/reciprocity Handgunlaw.us is not aware of WHY this change was made and why it is only FL Licenses issued to Non-Residents that will be honored.

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Posts: 489 | Location: New Martinsville, WV | Registered: February 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gary. Very strange indeed. I already get Wisconsin from my Texas permit, but it's good to know my Florida non-resident works too. Thanks for your good work on all of this!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Glad to see your frequent posts. I rely on your advice to keep me safe and legal.

Thanks,

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I read that to mean that a non Florida resident with a Florida CWP can carry in Wisconsin while a Florida resident with a Florida CWP cannot carry in Wisconsin.

Am I reading that wrong?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3848 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe you are reading that correctly. Perhaps it is because Florida does not honor CCW Licenses from Wisconsin.

Bob

I just checked the Florida State website to make sure I was correct and, surprisingly, I am. No Wisconsin.

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post