SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Urban Carry Holster, Has Anyone Tried One?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Urban Carry Holster, Has Anyone Tried One? Login/Join 
Picture of sleepla8er
posted

Looking for any first hand experience using an Urban Carry Holster.

Direct Link: www.YouTube.com/watch?v=pkRofcvfnHg

Company Website:
www.UrbanCarryHolsters.com

Black or Brown

Costs:
Version 1 $55
Version G2 $65
G2 Version with English Leather $105

Direct Link: www.YouTube.com/watch?v=-pKGcd-yWWg

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never used this holster myself, but a good friend of mine uses one. He carries a Ruger 380 in it everyday. He swears buy it. I have also been thinking of trying this holster out.

Posts: 2222 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithbc:
I have never used this holster myself, but a good friend of mine uses one. He carries a Ruger 380 in it everyday. He swears buy it. I have also been thinking of trying this holster out.

Great, Thank You!

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
American Viet Kieu
Picture of christuan
posted Hide Post
Have you tried drawing it while seated? In a car, perhaps? One handed? Support hand? How exactly are people vetting their holsters as good-to-go?

This holster seems absolutely rife with issues.

"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 6051 | Location: PacNW | Registered: January 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Seems to work better for the smaller guns, like the Glock 43 or so.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
It appears to render the user defenseless if seated. Looks like a real bad idea.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I'm 6' 1"s 'and 240 lbs sporting a bit of a "muffin-top". And I'm just not comfortable carrying in waistband, appendix style. I've tried it with a couple of different guns ranging from a 4" 1911, down to the small Rohrbaugh R9. It seems that the longer the barrel, the less the butt of the gun forces "out" when seated.

On the other hand, my buddy who is thinner than I am, carries his Duty Sig P226 almost exclusively this way when he's off duty.

Basically, I believe everyone interersted in this type of carry needs to try it and determine for himself/herself if it's right for him/her. Good luck.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I just order one,for 65 bucks it might be the thing I need,if it don't work out I will throw in that box of holsters that didn't

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Hey 45cal!

I was curious if you had tested out this holster. Any opinions?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post