SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Leather belts.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leather belts. Login/Join 
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Armour.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikedare:
Thanks for all the kind comments!

Thank you Mike.
We're just tellin it like it is. Wink

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AG Custom Gun leather belts are the best around!

https://agcustomgunleather.com...p/belt-construction/

Posts: 39 | Location: TX | Registered: March 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
The Rafter S belts had two rows of stitching around the belt that was probably over kill, but it looked sharp.

I liked the look as well, which is why I bought one years ago before the slow downhill process started with them.

It was high quality but too thick, which caused issues with not being able to work with all my holsters. I ended up selling it.

Back then they were the only ones I know of who offered the dual stitching. Now, The Beltman and Armour belts both offer that option.

I have belts from the old and new Belt(men) and they're all excellent. If I had need for other belts I would not hesitate to order from Mike at Armour either.

Beltman now has this available on 1.5" and 1.25" belts. I prefer the look as well and just received one.

Very, very similar and high quality. Only differences are the inside is light colored and the stitching stops immediately before the buckle where the double layer ends. Rafter S kept going to the very end.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the double row of stitching contribute to the stiffness or is it only for looks

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Picked up 2 horsehide belts and 2 cowhide belts from Bullhide. Real quick on shipping. Hung around the site and a 10% off code popped up. Grabbed a clearance belt - couldn’t tell it wasn’t brand new. Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I prefer leather for a material, but have been spoiled by the infinite adjustability of synthetic material belts Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently required a steel reinforced leather belt from Daltechforce.com. Excellent quality and reasonable price. Makes a significant difference when carrying especially since I carry a full size 1911 or a Sig p220.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I bought my Rafter S sharkskin belt in 2005.

I got fat and had to get a leatherworker to extend it.

I got skinnier and returned to the regular length.

Now I'm even skinnier and am going to have it reduced.

14 years. Damn thing looks new, almost. One of my favorite purchases of my life.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of gunbelts from Tucker Gunleather. they are extremely sturdy, and come in two thicknesses, plus the usual multiple widths. plus the leather work is impeccable. if you want to dress up with stamping and trim, it looks great.

Think of it as evolution in action

Posts: 11 | Location: Dallas | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a Dan Blocker 1.5 black leather belt in 1995 or 1999, I forget which. I use it most of the time. I'm wearing it now. It's no longer straight, and it's beaten up, but it still works well.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post