SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    How do you carry when riding your scooter?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you carry when riding your scooter? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
My scooter has 781cc. When I ride, I do like to be armed.

I had a great option for you but it's only good for scooters up to 743cc. Damn...

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
I always made sure I bought a riding jacket with a zippered external pocket that would fit my gun of choice.

This. I carry my J frame in the vest pocket when wearing club colors, or in the cargo pocket of my riding pants.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I ride in a full suit fwiw. Met a Harley rider once. He used to carry a 1911 on his hip. I don’t remember if it was a low or high side but he landed on his 1911 and it shattered his hip. I use a tank bag, and my throttle. Unless it’s an Ariel Atom or Ferrari I will leave any vehicle for dead in a straight or around a turn. I’ve got a Bladetech Klipt and leave it in the tank bag.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t ride but having recovered a pistol in a cheap clip holster from the shoulder of a highway I recommend having something with a stout pull the dot belt loop if your going to carry on body while riding.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I carry two guns when I ride. I carry one in an OWB holster and maybe only a little bit sticks out the bottom of the jacket, but I don’t think enough for people to see. I then carry a smaller backup gun in the inside zipper pocket of the jacket.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I use the same OWB holster I use the rest of the time.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry the same when I ride my motorcycle as I do when I am not. Usually OWB, but sometimes IWB. I have 1 summer riding jacket that rides in just the wrong place that it gets caught on the holster so I simply don't use that jacket. I don't use it so should give it to my sister but haven't gotten around to it. I have a cruiser type bike so usually don't lay forward on the tank, but do on occasion during longer rides.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post