SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Need recommendations for a tuckable holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need recommendations for a tuckable holster Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I have a coworker that is looking for a tuckable holster for a XDS. He wants a standard IWB kydex holster that is tuckable. But he wants the Galco Skyops type holster in kydex, not one of the kydex leather hybrid types.

Suggestions?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I just got a Kydex tuckable IWB from Muddy River Tactical for my Sig P-320 Compact and it's fabulous. Very well made, adjustable cant, the belt clip is very unobtrusive, and it is extremely comfortable and stable.

Here's a link to the XDS page:

https://muddyrivertactical.com...4-iwb-kydex-holster/

Sent from my iPhone

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Would a C-TAC be too big? Personally, I don't like the type that position the clip on top of the holster body, but a 229 is a lot bulkier than an XDS to begin with.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not the Kydex but I really like these Talon leather holsters. https://talonholsters.com/

I have several of their reg IWB's and a few of their Tuckable IWB's.
Great people to deal with directly or they can be found on Amazon. They have Free Shipping on their Tuckable IWB's. You probably have to deal directly for the Free Shipping. Fast shipping he'll have it in a couple days Priority mail.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been happy with my Vedder holsters.
https://www.vedderholsters.com...ig8Mf8hoCQ4kQAvD_BwE

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I would tell him to look at the Blade-Tech Klipt Ambi. It appears to be a remake of their old UCH holster, which was my favorite for small autos. Personally I would get a longer tuckable clip as the stock one looks rather short.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Clearwater Tactical makes some great kydex holsters and they are tuckable.
I'm wearing this one today for my CZ P01. I added a concealment claw and with a 10° cant it disappears under a tucked in polo shirt at 3:30.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
For the rare occasions I need a tuckable holster, I use a G Code INCOG Eclipse. However, I did replace the strut/clip, with a strut and belt loop.

They make them for the XD pistols.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Bravo Concealment is excellent. I have these for several carry guns.

https://www.bravoconcealment.c...ariant=1037445726234

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades;
Master of None
Picture of Tomkat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I have a coworker that is looking for a tuckable holster for a XDS. He wants a standard IWB kydex holster that is tuckable. But he wants the Galco Skyops type holster in kydex, not one of the kydex leather hybrid types.

Suggestions?

I have always thought that the Galco Skyops had the most concealed tuckable holster there is, other than Sticky/Remora type. I may be stating the obvious; but, your friend may be relegated to buying the Skyops, removing the attachment and having someone attach it to a Kydex holster.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of retpd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:

2nd this!
Have used the Vedder LightTuck IWB for my Glocks and decided to get one for my new P229 Elite also.
I usually go basic black but as I have a few Vedder's for my Glocks, i decided for their carbon black finish so I can easily identify which is which in the holster drawer.

Just came in today and great quality as always with a strong adjustable cant and height metal clip.

Posts: 398 | Location: Orlando | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I have been lucky. I really like the first holster I ever bought. The Stealthgear Onyx.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retpd:
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:

2nd this!
Have used the Vedder LightTuck IWB for my Glocks and decided to get one for my new P229 Elite also.
I usually go basic black but as I have a few Vedder's for my Glocks, i decided for their carbon black finish so I can easily identify which is which in the holster drawer.

Just came in today and great quality as always with a strong adjustable cant and height metal clip.

Third vote for Vetter. I will never buy another holster with a plastic belt clip again.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Suggest you look at what Milt Sparks has to offer.

I use a Milt Sparks Versa Max Two, called a VM2 for short, in its tuckable configuration. To make it tuckable, you replace the leather belt loops with kydex clips. I'm very happy with it; you might be, too.

You'll find it here: LINK

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Alien Gear has worked well for me. No leather...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’ve used both Alien Gear’s Cloak-Tuck 3.0 and the Milt Sparks VM-2 / Kydex clip holster. I prefer the Sparks setup, as the clips attach to the waistband of the wearer’s pants and the belt passes over the clips, greatly enhancing concealment.

I’ve found that, for me, a lighter gun is best with this approach - for instance, an alloy-framed Dan Wesson CCO works better for me tucked than a steel-framed Government Model 1911. A Glock 26 or similar is even better.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
On my Alien Gear holster setup (and all the rest of my tuckable IWBs/), I've had a strip of velcro sinto all of my carry belts, and I have the velcro backed clips. Properly worn, nothing is visible with the tucked configuration, so long as I slightly blouse the bottom of my tucked shirt (which I do anyhow).

I also like the VM2, very comfortable, but I don't have a version of it that is tuckable.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post