SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    AIWB holster with steel clip

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
AIWB holster with steel clip Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
Looking for an AIWB holster for my Xds with a steel belt clip preferably with a little tab that grabs the belt or pants.

Basically like the ozark iwb, just with a strong metal clip with tab. I will use this without a belt so I need it to really grab my pants.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Look at VEDDER Kydex holsters. They use an ultra strong metal clip which is adjustable for cant as well as up/down. I never cared much for Kydex but these really are nice. They're fairly priced and turn around is about one week.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Look at VEDDER Kydex holsters. They use an ultra strong metal clip which is adjustable for cant as well as up/down. I never cared much for Kydex but these really are nice. They're fairly priced and turn around is about one week.

That may work. Thanks.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I think that the Crossbreed Appendix Carry uses a metal clip. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck with clips that look identical and they are metal.

http://www.crossbreedholsters....nfo-section-overview

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Mitch Rosen makes the Clipper. It's leather with a clip that has a little claw inside which prevents it from coming off the belt unless you take it off. High Noon Holsters also has a very good clip. Both companies have such strong steel clips that you can wear your trousers without a belt and the holster will still be secure.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Report This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Earlier today I ordered a FIST 1AK holster for 31 dollars. You can order it straight drop as well. It is an ultra thin kydex holster with a very strong metal clip. I use one for my P229, Glock 19 and now my Glock 30SF. Fantastic holster.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1850 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Report This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Earlier today I ordered a FIST 1AK holster for 31 dollars. You can order it straight drop as well. It is an ultra thin kydex holster with a very strong metal clip. I use one for my P229, Glock 19 and now my Glock 30SF. Fantastic holster.

They don't list the xdS 9, just the 45. It may work though.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I just got one of these for my PPS. Haven't used it yet, though. I like the looks of it.

http://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Slight threadjack, bigbore, can you let me know how that vedder works out for you once you've had a chance to shake it out? Been eyeing one of those for my G43. Thanks.

Posts: 1620 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That Vedder Light Tuck looks nice. Adjustable in height and cant.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Report This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Have you looked into retrofitting a Utiliclip into a current holster?
https://www.ulticlip.com

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post