SIGforum
Alessi holsters – Out of business?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/4720063664

February 07, 2020, 11:17 AM
Pipe Smoker
Alessi holsters – Out of business?
As a result of posting in another thread of this subforum I discovered that “alessiholsters.com” is a dead link now. Sad to learn that.

I have an Alessi “Bodyguard” horizontal shoulder rig for my SIG P238. It’s excellent – glad that I have it.

Serious about crackers
February 07, 2020, 11:25 AM
mark60
After Tom passed the business tried to continue but was a victim of mismanagement I'm told. It was a local business to me and the indoor range that was part of it also went down.

Ritchie Leather is local and is or at least was similar quality. Skip Ritchie worked with Lou at Alessi back in the day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark60,
February 07, 2020, 11:51 AM
ensigmatic
It's unclear to me whether Alessi Gun Holsters is actually out of business or whether they've chosen to stop supporting their own web site and sell only on Amazon.

If the latter: Not a good move, IMO.

Still don't know if Alessi Gun Holsters is actually out of business, but I suspect so: Warning - Alessi Holsters - a Sep. 2019 thread on arfcom.

That's too bad. I, too, have a Bodyguard, and it's a nice shoulder rig.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
February 07, 2020, 12:58 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Ritchie Leather is local and is or at least was similar quality. Skip Ritchie worked with Lou at Alessi back in the day.

Skip Ritchie was Lou Alessi's partner/protege, and is the true successor to Lou's holsters. His holsters are every bit as good, if not better, than his teacher's. And he offers just about every former Alessi design.

http://www.ritchieholsters.com/

If you want it even quicker, Top Gun Supply carries some Ritchie holsters in stock:

https://www.topgunsupply.com/h...hie-gun-leather.html
February 08, 2020, 11:22 AM
Pipe Smoker
quote:
After Tom passed the business tried to continue but was a victim of mismanagement I'm told. It was a local business to me and the indoor range that was part of it also went down.
<snip>

When I bought my Alessi holster i dealt mostly with Tom Kulwicki. Sorry to hear that he’s passed away.

Serious about crackers
February 08, 2020, 05:27 PM
Kuglespritz
I met Lou Alessi in the mid 1990's at an IALEFI Regional Training conference, a true craftsman. I absolutely love their ankle holsters and have carried J Frames and Glocks for years in them. I hope they are still in business, even under the new owners I have found their holsters to be top quality.
March 31, 2020, 11:57 PM
Nick
quote:
Originally posted by Kuglespritz:
I met Lou Alessi in the mid 1990's at an IALEFI Regional Training conference, a true craftsman. I absolutely love their ankle holsters and have carried J Frames and Glocks for years in them. I hope they are still in business, even under the new owners I have found their holsters to be top quality.

For a similar, I think, better ankle holster, look at Prince gun leather.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"
June 05, 2021, 02:49 PM
TRMN8R
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Skip Ritchie was Lou Alessi's partner/protege, and is the true successor to Lou's holsters. His holsters are every bit as good, if not better, than his teacher's. And he offers just about every former Alessi design.

http://www.ritchieholsters.com/

If you want it even quicker, Top Gun Supply carries some Ritchie holsters in stock:

https://www.topgunsupply.com/h...hie-gun-leather.html

If you want as close as you can get to not only the fit/form/function of Lou’s original carry rigs, but also the finish and beauty of the leather, IMNSHO, there are no finer rigs made than those by Matt Del Fatti:

http://www.delfatti.com

And in particular, if you’re a long-time P7 owner like I am, you know all to well what I’m talking about. His work is HIGHLY-coveted, and HIGHLY sought-after. If you order one; especially as a true custom; you will NOT get it “quickly”. Turn-around times are far from “fast”; especially since this COVID bullshit began. But IF you’re fortunate enough to find someone actually selling off one of his rigs or carry pieces, you WILL pay out the wahzoo for it...and, trust you me: it would be money WELL spent!!

G19G5x2/G43/G42
Canik TP9 SFx
HK45c Tactical
USP45c/ss
P30S V3
P30 V1 LEM
And a butt-load of P7's...
June 06, 2021, 07:12 AM
marksman41
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
For a similar, I think, better ankle holster, look at Prince gun leather.

A timely thread as I bought a S&W 642 last week and have been researching ankle holsters for it. Based on this and other recommendations, I've got an order in to Prince for one of their ankle holsters. Seeing as it will be 6+ months before I'll have it, I also ordered a Crossbreed holster to try out and use in the interim.

I looked at the Del Fatti website but I didn't see any ankle holster options and there's a note that they aren't taking any orders until they get more caught up on the ones already in the system, and another note lower down the page that they are now working on orders from July 2015.

June 06, 2021, 07:45 AM
TRMN8R
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:

A timely thread as I bought a S&W 642 last week and have been researching ankle holsters for it. Based on this and other recommendations, I've got an order in to Prince for one of their ankle holsters. Seeing as it will be 6+ months before I'll have it, I also ordered a Crossbreed holster to try out and use in the interim.

I looked at the Del Fatti website but I didn't see any ankle holster options and there's a note that they aren't taking any orders until they get more caught up on the ones already in the system, and another note lower down the page that they are now working on orders from July 2015.

Hey, I told you it ain’t exactly a “quick” turn-around. I know what it states on his site, but I honestly don’t know that Matt’s quite SIX years behind on orders...but he well could be. Even so, before the Co-Co, it was a SOLID two to three year wait time for quite awhile.

Regardless, if you have ANY questions, I would just call him/them direct. I was fortunate enough to have the pleasure of speaking with Matt several years ago; but his daughter Gina has been taking the calls and handling e-mails and what-not for awhile now, but is infinitely familiar with the goings-on of her dad’s work and even helps out at times. Again, just give them a call to inquire; absolute worst they could do is say “no”.

G19G5x2/G43/G42
Canik TP9 SFx
HK45c Tactical
USP45c/ss
P30S V3
P30 V1 LEM
And a butt-load of P7's...
June 06, 2021, 06:18 PM
captain127
I will second skip Ritchie for impeccable craftsmanship and true to old Alessi design
He when time permitted shoot our combat pistol league at my old club. Great guy with the same customer service as the old school Alessi
June 09, 2021, 02:35 PM
njauto
John Ralston 5 Shot Leather is another one of Alessi protégés and highly recommend him.
June 11, 2021, 08:04 AM
38superx5
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
John Ralston 5 Shot Leather is another one of Alessi protégés and highly recommend him.

GOOD TO KNOW.....I have several Alessi holsters and they are excellent...thanks for the info on this !!!