SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Kydex lined, leather holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kydex lined, leather holster Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
I have one, which I really like, for a government model. Its very tough, and looks just like a normal leather holster, but the interior is kydex - which made for very fast, consistent, draws.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Mine is for a government model, and right handed. I now have to switch, for various reasons, to carrying/shooting left handed, and will switch to a S&W 66.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have several Garrett holsters but those are Kydex on the outside and leather on the inside. Still a smooth fast draw but quieter and easier on you're guns finish.

Garrett Holsters

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Garret for my 1911. I just ordered a Raw Dog for my Glock. It's half kydex, half leather.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Edit: Tucker is good stuff, though I have only used their leather offerings.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very simple
www.highnoonholsters.com

I.w.b.
o.w.b.
and !
they are on sale
2-4 week wait

but well worth it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kydex lined, leather holster

I think FIST makes holsters of this type.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Urban Carry Holsters makes one, called the Lock Leather. The concept seems interesting. Caveat - I have not bought one, nor have I heard form anyone who has.

HERE

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered the Urban Carry and it seems like a really good holster. Now I just need the Beretta LTT Elite I ordered from Langdon Tactical to put in it. Can't Wait.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at the URBAN CARRY Lock Leather holsters as well. It appears they are more of a universal holster which may fit various manufacturers of the same general size?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t know about the lock leather, but my FFL has the G3 and I was super underwhelmed by it. Kind of like a generic leather flap to put your gun in.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Looper gun leather made my old holster but they don’t seem to do it anymore.

It is a great holster, and very fast for steel challenge.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A received my Beretta LTT Elite from Langdon and it draws really nice from the Urban Carry Holster. The only issue I have is that the leather is very thick at the top of the holster making re-holstering with the Beretta's dual decockers difficult. It helped to loosen the screw for holster tightness but then you lose some of the grip. All in all though a nice holster for the price and I will take a really nice draw with a less re-holster anyday.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Garret Holsters. Got one for my 1911.

Posts: 5 | Registered: March 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
Urban Carry Holsters makes one, called the Lock Leather. The concept seems interesting. Caveat - I have not bought one, nor have I heard form anyone who has.

HERE

I have a Lockleather holster, OWB, for my P938 Sig. I am happy with it, and the price is about half of what you pay for the big boys. Plus, it has a leather piece to protect my love handle from the exposed hammer. Not always seen on several of the expensive holsters, or I might have gone with the expensive line.

Posts: 18 | Location: north-central Florida | Registered: February 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post