SIGforum
Kydex lined, leather holster

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/4700026174

June 24, 2020, 06:11 PM
Aglifter
I have one, which I really like, for a government model. Its very tough, and looks just like a normal leather holster, but the interior is kydex - which made for very fast, consistent, draws.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Mine is for a government model, and right handed. I now have to switch, for various reasons, to carrying/shooting left handed, and will switch to a S&W 66.
September 21, 2020, 03:08 PM
lastmanstanding
I have several Garrett holsters but those are Kydex on the outside and leather on the inside. Still a smooth fast draw but quieter and easier on you're guns finish.

Garrett Holsters

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton
September 22, 2020, 09:18 PM
giz55792
Tucker Gunleather makes one.

https://tuckergunleather.com/Deep-Carry-DC-1/
September 26, 2020, 11:03 AM
Phelen_Kell
I have a Garret for my 1911. I just ordered a Raw Dog for my Glock. It's half kydex, half leather.
September 26, 2020, 03:49 PM
94hokie
Edit: Tucker is good stuff, though I have only used their leather offerings.
September 28, 2020, 11:26 AM
bendable
very simple
www.highnoonholsters.com

I.w.b.
o.w.b.
and !
they are on sale
2-4 week wait

but well worth it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
September 29, 2020, 12:18 PM
egregore
quote:

I think FIST makes holsters of this type.
October 31, 2020, 01:36 PM
IntrepidTraveler
Urban Carry Holsters makes one, called the Lock Leather. The concept seems interesting. Caveat - I have not bought one, nor have I heard form anyone who has.

HERE

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)
February 02, 2021, 08:30 AM
SCfromNY
I ordered the Urban Carry and it seems like a really good holster. Now I just need the Beretta LTT Elite I ordered from Langdon Tactical to put in it. Can't Wait.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________
February 04, 2021, 11:59 AM
az4783054
I've been looking at the URBAN CARRY Lock Leather holsters as well. It appears they are more of a universal holster which may fit various manufacturers of the same general size?
February 04, 2021, 04:08 PM
94hokie
Don’t know about the lock leather, but my FFL has the G3 and I was super underwhelmed by it. Kind of like a generic leather flap to put your gun in.
February 05, 2021, 02:31 PM
Aglifter
Looper gun leather made my old holster but they don’t seem to do it anymore.

It is a great holster, and very fast for steel challenge.
February 13, 2021, 09:34 AM
SCfromNY
A received my Beretta LTT Elite from Langdon and it draws really nice from the Urban Carry Holster. The only issue I have is that the leather is very thick at the top of the holster making re-holstering with the Beretta's dual decockers difficult. It helped to loosen the screw for holster tightness but then you lose some of the grip. All in all though a nice holster for the price and I will take a really nice draw with a less re-holster anyday.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________
February 20, 2021, 10:16 AM
Cleburne
Another vote for Garret Holsters. Got one for my 1911.
March 13, 2024, 02:19 AM
sonnydaze
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
Urban Carry Holsters makes one, called the Lock Leather. The concept seems interesting. Caveat - I have not bought one, nor have I heard form anyone who has.

HERE

I have a Lockleather holster, OWB, for my P938 Sig. I am happy with it, and the price is about half of what you pay for the big boys. Plus, it has a leather piece to protect my love handle from the exposed hammer. Not always seen on several of the expensive holsters, or I might have gone with the expensive line.