SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Kydex lined, leather holster

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kydex lined, leather holster Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
I have one, which I really like, for a government model. Its very tough, and looks just like a normal leather holster, but the interior is kydex - which made for very fast, consistent, draws.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Mine is for a government model, and right handed. I now have to switch, for various reasons, to carrying/shooting left handed, and will switch to a S&W 66.

Posts: 4121 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have several Garrett holsters but those are Kydex on the outside and leather on the inside. Still a smooth fast draw but quieter and easier on you're guns finish.

Garrett Holsters

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 7097 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post

Posts: 680 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Garret for my 1911. I just ordered a Raw Dog for my Glock. It's half kydex, half leather.

Posts: 1369 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Edit: Tucker is good stuff, though I have only used their leather offerings.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very simple
www.highnoonholsters.com

I.w.b.
o.w.b.
and !
they are on sale
2-4 week wait

but well worth it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 51280 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kydex lined, leather holster

I think FIST makes holsters of this type.

Posts: 24280 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Urban Carry Holsters makes one, called the Lock Leather. The concept seems interesting. Caveat - I have not bought one, nor have I heard form anyone who has.

HERE

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

Posts: 2843 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post