SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Do you use different methods of carry, or stick to just one?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you use different methods of carry, or stick to just one? Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
One - AIWB.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Deep cover. I AIWB my Remington RM380.

Otherwise, depending on attire, I am going to IWB or OWB my P365 or 43 at the 4:00 position.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on the circumstances. Most of the time, I use an IWB kydex holster behind my right hip with a Sig 229. I find that not possible with a backpack though. In that sort of circumstance, I use a DeSantis pocket holster with a Sig P290rs in 9mm. It doesn't get in the way of the pack belt, and is virtually invisible, to avoid alarming the soccer moms in the trail head and first half mile. I've found the latter combination useful at other times as well.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
I will use a large pocket or any holster that is handy in town carry. Now, when going into "Grizz", Country I only use a quality across chest rig.

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
95% of the time IWB at about 1:00.

On rare occasions pocket carry in a DeSantis Superfly. Also on rare occasions a Miami Classic Shoulder Holster when I feel like Mike Hammer. For those of you who do not know who Mike Hammer is Mickey Spillane just turned over in his grave. Pick up ma book.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Cold weather months Stealthgear Onyx. Warm months pocket carry in cargo thigh pocket. HK P30sk. I'm not really thrilled with the warm weather setup. Would like to go with a smaller firearm.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually a g19 IWB @ 3:30 or a S&W shield in a pocket holster.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mostly carry OWB about 4 o’clock as I do at work. You can’t argue against muscle memory etc...in a stressful situation. BUT.you must accept that there must always be room for adaptation as the need arises. In these situations, an alternate method may be needed, such as when I’m running. This method needs to be a set way also. For me it is a Tommy’s Gun Pack. I always take a minute before I leave to go running to think about where my weapon is and how I need to access it.

Posts: 339 | Location: Lower Alabama | Registered: November 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
When I carry, which is all the time now that I'm working from home courtesy of Covid-19, it's a S&W Shield 9 in a reinforced Mike's Special IWB from TT Gunleather at 3/4:00. I prefer 3:00 as it's less prone to printing there, but for some reason the holster keeps wanting to migrate rearward. I usually wear a Duluth Trading heavyweight long-tail t-shirt over it. When we get back to working in the office, I'll have to leave the gun home as getting caught with it at the office would get me fired instantly. I keep thinking about trying a pocket holster, but my pants (jeans, 98% of the time) tend to be snug-fitting enough that even a small pistol would create an obvious bulge and probably be uncomfortable too.

When I am working downtown, I normally unlock the Shield when I get home and just keep it handy. If I need to run to the store, it drops into a coat pocket sans holster without being at all obvious. If I was wearing a suit or driving a car for a living, I would be looking for a shoulder rig.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post