SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Minneapolis MN: One Of The Recent Attacks Caught On Camera
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minneapolis MN: One Of The Recent Attacks Caught On Camera Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted
There has been talk about the numerous recent street robberies and assaults in Minneapolis. This one was caught on video and is sure to raise the blood pressure of many members. I have also linked the articles.

Raw Video:

First Article

Second Article

Right now those in custody have big boy and girl charges but I can see the Progressive Prosecutor dealing down to simple assault and theft with time served and 2-3 years probation.Of course no mention of this being..........shhhh.... h a t e crime.

And this is why if I have to go into any urban area where "youths" like this could be present I carry two pistols, an extra magazine, and a knife.

If cops wanted to stop these asshat savages as opposed to catching them AFTER the fact (from experience, I can guarantee each one of these savages has multiple robberies and assaults that they can be linked to but not charged), the best way is to use decoys with a heavily armed team near by.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s not even the worst ones. Decoys are not authorized, with how they are operating to likely to have a life threatening injury to the decoy.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgb2324:
That’s not even the worst ones. Decoys are not authorized, with how they are operating to likely to have a life threatening injury to the decoy.

Most departments have gone away from decoys due to injuries and orders from Workers Comp insurance on not using them. The other option is to put up surveillance cameras and have a bunch of cops ready to deploy when something happens. Still going to end up with a beat up or worse citizen but you will probably catch most the suspects.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Downtown is covered with cameras with officers watching them. It still isn’t enough. This footage is from private security the footage from the department never gets aired.

It makes people feel “unsafe” downtown and eludes to the fact that there may be a crime problem.

I’m not advocating either way I’m just stating facts anonymously and without prejudice.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Years ago I realized stupid people in large numbers can be bad for your health.

I decided to not go anywhere (that wasn't safe in general or that didn't have adequate security) that I couldn't carry enough ammunition to kill everyone in the place.

I've had to ease up, of course.

As long as I have enough ammunition to cut a swathe to safety, I'm good.

I don't go 'downtown' anywhere.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post