SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Squeaky Creaky Holster...Make it Shhhh
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Squeaky Creaky Holster...Make it Shhhh Login/Join 
posted
I use a Kramer belt slide in horsehide for concealed carry very often. It is a favorite, except for the squeaking and creaking sounds (kind of like my old knees in the morning) it makes. Probably I notice it more than anyone around me, but it bugs me. I use a Beltman leather belt when wearing the Kramer. I’ve tried shoe polish and baby powder, both of which provide a temporary fix. Anyone have a longer term solution to my noise pollution issue? Thanks in advance, stay safe and be blessed.

Posts: 124 | Location: Baytown, Texas | Registered: December 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Have you contacted KRAMER for suggestions?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I haven’t tried it, but wrapping the leather belt in a soft cloth, or cloth tape, where it contacts the holster might be worth trying.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No sir, I have not. I’ll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posts: 124 | Location: Baytown, Texas | Registered: December 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
What type of shoe polish are you using? The gel like this, or the cream in a tin?

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It must be a horsehide thing because i have several Rgrizzle in HH and a belt too and they can be skwaky sounding. I have been trying the talcum powder and i think it helps a lot, maybe some paste wax would be good.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Following. I have a DeSantis cowhide leather scabbard that won’t stop creaking. I have had several in the past that have worked themselves out over time. This one is stubborn as hell.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Mitch Rosen’s Leather Lightning:

https://mitchrosen.com/products/additional-products/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How long have you been using that holster? I have a good buddy that is a holster maker and he gives all of his customers instructions to wear the holster every day around the house for two weeks as break in. He also recommends Sno-Seal for treatment. Cut the bottom of a plastic bottle off, squeeze some in, set it on a light bulb to heat and melt the paste, paint it on with a brush and let it sit overnight. The next day, wipe the excess off. It should stop squeaking.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use talcum powder on squeaky leather.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Whit:
I use a Kramer belt slide in horsehide for concealed carry very often. It is a favorite, except for the squeaking and creaking sounds (kind of like my old knees in the morning) it makes. Probably I notice it more than anyone around me, but it bugs me. I use a Beltman leather belt when wearing the Kramer. I’ve tried shoe polish and baby powder, both of which provide a temporary fix. Anyone have a longer term solution to my noise pollution issue? Thanks in advance, stay safe and be blessed.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 95 | Location: Spokane Washington | Registered: June 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post