SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Are you tied to a specific weapon on your CCP
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Are you tied to a specific weapon on your CCP Login/Join 
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Here in Ca. I live in a county that will issue a CCP. We are limited to 3 handguns and only the ones we qualify with. The Caliber Model and Ser# are captured on the permit. Any deviation and you are breaking the law. The Permits last 2 years. NO modifications are being honored... So Choose wisely... 2 years and you "May" be allowed to renew and at that time you can modify what you carry. It also hinges on who is the current Sheriff in power as they issue the permits and it varies per the County you live in... Elections for Sheriff can change everything here..
NO reciprocity in any other state... You have to get separate non resident CCPs.
Living in California... you are under the thumb of the extreme left... Mindset
You are Guilty and have to prove you are innocent.
We are moving within the next 6 years. I've lived here over 50 years.. California use to be a nice place to live. The Politics have actually ruined the way of life here unless you are one of "Them"..

Posts: 5268 | Location: Near Sutters Fort.  | Registered: August 10, 2008Report This Post
Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
My California CCW is tied to a maximum of 3 specific weapons. This is a limitation set at the state level, if I recall. The Sheriff in each county has discretion on how and he issues permits. Where I live, the Sheriff restricts the 3 weapons further by having them inspected to ensure that their function have not been modified from their stock form. No trigger jobs. Aftermarket sights and grips are ok. You then have to qualify with each of the weapons listed on your CCW at issuance and at renewal.
Somewhat the same for my jurisdiction. The police chief (chief law enforcement officer) signs off on my permit after I demonstrate through a certificate that I have completed the approved class for renewal. However, I can add additional guns over the three with a $10 additional fee for the additonal permit for each additional three guns. I do not have to qualify with all weapons but they are all inspected.

Thanks,
~Farther~

Posts: 3636 | Location: CA/OR Frontier | Registered: November 24, 2000Report This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:

NO reciprocity in any other state... You have to get separate non resident CCPs.
Living in California... you are under the thumb of the extreme left... Mindset

CA does not recognize CCWs from other states, but several states do accept a CCW from California.

Posts: 5649 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
not in NV any longer, also not in CT.

The philosophy of protectionism is a philosophy of war. - Ludwig von Mises
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DhagKyvDck

Posts: 7024 | Location: Live from the high desert and the great American southwest! | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
Picture of Copefree
posted Hide Post
No restrictions here. Don't even have to "qualify" to get your permit. Just apply and it's yours (after prints and a BRC).

Any handgun. And you can OC if you don't have a permit.

Posts: 3924 | Location: North of Seattle, Warshington | Registered: August 31, 2011Report This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
When I requalify, we have to list the caliber. I make sure I qualify in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP each year.

Posts: 9467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Report This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
No restrictions or qualifications required .

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8045
III

"He's a Mean Motor Scooter & a Bad Go Getter !"

Posts: 5368 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
In Ohio you carry whatever you want, open or concealed

Posts: 1223 | Location: OHIO | Registered: December 21, 2001Report This Post