SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Are you tied to a specific weapon on your CCP
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you tied to a specific weapon on your CCP Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
North caroline has no such restrictions. Whatever you want to carry as a sidearm, however CCP'S do NOT cover anything except a type of firearm.

You may also qualify with whatever you want to and then carry whatever you wish.

What does your state say?

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 5598 | Location: 35 59'19"N 79 58'33"W | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I am a "Super Gun Owner" and I can carry whichever one I choose or all of them at the same time.
Hhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can do it your own way, if it's done just how I say."

Posts: 6153 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Florida has no restrictions but when we lived in Nevada (15 years ago) our permits *were* tied to specific guns. There we needed to "qualify" (at least show we knew how to work the gun) for whatever guns we wanted to have on the permit (which was a PITA).

SO nice nowadays not to have to worry. However, I don't know that Nevada has kept this requirement (like I say, a long time ago, back when CC permits were first being issued and, I believe, even before Florida was a shall issue state).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 370 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My California CCW is tied to a maximum of 3 specific weapons. This is a limitation set at the state level, if I recall.

The Sheriff in each county has discretion on how and he issues permits. Where I live, the Sheriff restricts the 3 weapons further by having them inspected to ensure that their function have not been modified from their stock form. No trigger jobs. Aftermarket sights and grips are ok.

You then have to qualify with each of the weapons listed on your CCW at issuance and at renewal.

Posts: 9200 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not in Arkansas. You can carry any handgun you want.

The only caveat in Arkansas is that if you shoot your CHL qualification with a revolver, you are only authorized to carry revolvers, and that restriction is noted on your license. If you shoot with a semiauto, you can carry any type.

(So there's basically no reason to every qualify with just a revolver. Borrow a semiauto, if you need to.)

Posts: 17859 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ugh. What ignorant moron makes up these juvenile laws?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Endowment)
Family, Guns, Country

"My guns are always loaded."
~R.G. Justified

What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure.

Posts: 16163 | Location: Out of Jersey, Into Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
The state I live in now does not, but when I lived in the people's republic of Western NY, they did.

Any pistol you carried had to be listed on the back of the permit. And there wasn't any transferring into the state without a FFL involved.

So if your dad, for instance, gave you a legacy pistol it had to be transferred/shipped to a NY FFL and you had to pay fees and have a background check done, then get a slip which you took to the judge's office, they gave you approval and you went back and finally got the pistol. Amazingly complicated.

Posts: 520 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Any handgun.

Posts: 18176 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Free to carry any handgun or multiple handguns here in utah. I regularly alternate between a g19, g34, g20 or shield 9mm

Posts: 2194 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Not here in Oregon. Once you get the license you can carry anything you like.

Posts: 4741 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No restrictions here.

Posts: 4633 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No restriction in MN

Posts: 5791 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Ugh. What ignorant moron makes up these juvenile laws?

The psychology of these sorts of things is interesting. The desire for power over others is by far the most common human motivation.

Restrictions make those who can enforce them and those who support the restrictions feel they have a degree of power over others even if they are otherwise weak and powerless. “I can’t stop them from being able to have weapons, but I can make it less convenient,” and so whenever looser laws are proposed, there’s always someone trying to tighten them up in some way.

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 36354 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Pretty much the same as Aeteocles.

The the license states the make, model, caliber of each gun that you can carry (up to 3 for me).
I have heard other counties having a higher limit than 3 guns though.

They never even looked at my weapons. As long as I qualified with them, and the instructor signs off my training papers, it's GTG.

One thing the Sheriff states regarding the type of gun, is that it must be centerfire.

As for changing the guns listed, we would either wait until its time to renew (every 2 years), and qualify with different guns when you turn in your papers, or you can take another CCW class with the new gun, and pay a fee to have your license updated and re-issued.

Posts: 5616 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
No restrictions here in PA. Even NFA firearms are covered by our LTCF when it comes to concealing or in the car. Go figure you cant have a long gun loaded in the car though. Apparently that stems from our backward ass, slack jawed, hunting laws.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Not here in Idaho. And no restrictions for the constitutional carry.

America First!

Posts: 994 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
My duty gun is a S&W M&P9.

My backup is a ruger LCR

I rarely carry one without the other. So I am administratively tied to those two.

I could carry something else with range master approval. Due to the way I shoot this is simply a phone call no need to qual with it.

Posts: 8788 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
The state I live in now does not, but when I lived in the people's republic of Western NY, they did.

Any pistol you carried had to be listed on the back of the permit. And there wasn't any transferring into the state without a FFL involved.

So if your dad, for instance, gave you a legacy pistol it had to be transferred/shipped to a NY FFL and you had to pay fees and have a background check done, then get a slip which you took to the judge's office, they gave you approval and you went back and finally got the pistol. Amazingly complicated.

The confirms I made a smart decision when I left NY 30+ years ago.

Posts: 11845 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smpsmp:
No restrictions here in PA. Even NFA firearms are covered by our LTCF when it comes to concealing or in the car. Go figure you cant have a long gun loaded in the car though. Apparently that stems from our backward ass, slack jawed, hunting laws.

It has to do with spotlighting deer, most likely.

Regards,
arlen

Posts: 199 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I am a "Super Gun Owner" and I can carry whichever one I choose or all of them at the same time.
Hhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Well, it has to be a pistol, no rifles, switchblades or nunchucks, god dammit...

Posts: 3924 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post