SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Who makes a decent OWB holster for “competition” with pistol mounted lights?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a decent OWB holster for “competition” with pistol mounted lights? Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
My shooting club has started holding monthly USPSA-ish style matches as well as monthly low light/no light nighttime pistol shoots. I have a decent setup for the matches, but no suitable holster for the night shoots. Not looking to break the bank but need something serviceable.

If I was shooting a Glock 19 with a Surefire I’m sure it would be easier, but a VP9 with a TLR-7 is a little tougher to find.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with USPSA rules, but you might consider Raven or Bravo.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
How far are you from SA? I have holsters made in a few hours at On Your Six.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
I'm not familiar with USPSA rules, but you might consider Raven or Bravo.

Thanks, I’ve checked all the usual suspects (those two included) but seems I’m looking at a very niche market with the VP9/TLR-7 combo.

quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
How far are you from SA? I have holsters made in a few hours at On Your Six.

Im down there several times a year, I’ll have to look into them.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
COMPTAC

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
For the VP9, you will likely have to go custom.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajp3jeh
posted Hide Post
J.M Custom Kydex

AKA John E. Hearne

"Shoot deliberately" - Wyatt Earp
"Tache/psyche effect - a polite way of saying 'you suck.'" - GG
"The 8th Marines dominate an environment. You, with your pistol, merely exist." - GG
http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting excellence and realisim in combative shooting.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Northern Mississippi | Registered: November 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have a Werkz Origin holster for my VP9 w/Viridian CTL. He even made it with the magnet so the light shuts off when holstering and turns on when drawing. I’m using some of his holsters with my Glock 32 and TLR-7.

You can check their website. I know he has holsters for VP9 and TLR-7 because I thought about switching my VP9 over to the TLR-7.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
Funny you'd ask.
Betty had a similar problem with her SP2022

I came up with this!

I know, I ain't right! LOL

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Take a look at KT Mech. I have both styles of OWB from them and have been impressed. Lead time for a custom shop is very quick as well. Prices are reasonable they carry more weapon light models available then anywhere else I’ve seen.

My fault as I just checked and they do not build holsters for the TLR7 currently.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Blackdog concealment. They list the VP9/TLR-7 as an option.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mr. S,

Posts: 371 | Location: Lancaster,PA | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post