SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Small of The Back Holster
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small of The Back Holster Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Small of back holsters like the Galco SOB cant well forward, and work even if placed behind the hip. I carried a SP-101 in a Galco SOB for a time.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I have a simple opinion. They are uncomfortable, and a bithch to reholster your weapon.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
I carry a LH IWB at the 1600 position when off-duty. A long time ago I had a Detroit officer tell me that if someone tries to rob you, instead of pulling your wallet out, you pull the gun instead. Sounds corny, but it's comfortable and works.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
In my 30+ years of gun toting, never considered SOB for carry, as I've aged, RH IWB presses against my hip and causes back pain.

I've gone to a Safariland OWB paddle holster.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I walked up behind someone today who was open carrying SOB. No retention. The pistol was nearly horizontal, butt up. Aside from the way the pistol looked unsecure and as thought it might fall out, my first thought was how easy it would be to take that pistol away.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post