SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Carry at home?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carry at home? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I don't. I do have a loaded pistol in a safe on each floor, though.

What good ate they in safe unless it is one of those on number unlocks?

Kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
If it's not on me it is within reach.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:What good ate they in safe unless it is one of those on number unlocks?

Kevin

Not as good as on body. Better than unloaded and locked up on another floor. Much better than no gun at all. Combined with heavy exterior doors that are always locked, I'm comfortable with my access during the day. At night, one is out of the safe and at my bedside within reach.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. Since I retired, 4 years ago, if I have pants on, I'm carrying. If we go out, it's a 239, or a 2009, or sometimes a K9, but when I'm home, my LCP is always with me.

I have it in a Robert Mika pocket holster. He makes them out of a synthetic material that doesn't absorb moisture. I sweat like 3 people, but I have it on me when I'm washing the truck, mowing the yard, trimming trees, shoveling snow, or watching TV. Doesn't make any difference if the temperature is 110, or 0.

Every month or two I clean it, and blow out the pocket lint. I've taken it to the range, when it's all fuzzy, and it's never failed. Quite a bit of the finish is worn off the slide, and there are some shiny spots on the frame, but no rust at all. Eezox is all I use on it.

I've never felt like I needed to worry, but there's no reason not to carry it. I'd hate to walk into the house, after mowing the back yard, and be met at the door by someone I don't know. At that point, guns hidden all over the house are pretty much useless.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Not in the shower or while sleeping.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
I feel so normal here - I always have one on me. Pico or LCR - Watching TV is sometimes a nice time to fondle the newest pistol. My wife just leaves me alone. Life is good.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Yes

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Absolutely!!
As some very astute individuals on here have stated...

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
I agree wholeheartedly with GrumpyBiker.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am carrying only when I have my pants on.

Posts: 12648 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Not in the shower or while sleeping.

+1

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Admittedly, I don't carry enough while at home and I believe that I should do it a whole lot more. I fall into this false sense of security and think that there is a gun close by that I should be fine. It's laziness. I just hope that it doesn't turn into real regret.

Posts: 14 | Registered: December 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by donlapalma:
Admittedly, I don't carry enough while at home and I believe that I should do it a whole lot more. I fall into this false sense of security and think that there is a gun close by that I should be fine. It's laziness. I just hope that it doesn't turn into real regret.

Solution? Carry.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I have lived in the same house for 36 years, I've never felt scared or worried even once. However, if I am dressed I am carrying.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have started. After a few forced entry break ins around me, my pistol stays with me all the time.
The break ins have been apartment buildings but it's getting closer to me. The heroin problem around me has got bad and I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with it.
There have been some videos of armed people going up and ringing doorbells. A certain one got a video and then lights came on. The 2 guys ran luckily. This was in an upscale neighborhood outside of the city.
I'd rather be prepared.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like some, I get up and holster my 320c, spare mag,knife, and flashlight, but continue to keep all on until I go to bed. With a good holster and belt I'm very comfortable. I live a good area but bad guys come to good areas to commit crimes and one may not have time to get to a firearm and light if one's door is kicked in during a home evasion etc.

Posts: 191 | Location: TX,USA | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a firearm "at hand" 24/7 no matter if I am at home or away. I always have a S&W M60 snubbie in my pants (if I am wearing pants), within 6 inches of my head if I am sleeping, and have either it or a Beretta 92FS within reach if I am out of my pants. I have been so armed for the past fifteen years.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Yes I do.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry whenever I can. I can't predict the future

Posts: 1241 | Location: OHIO | Registered: December 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Surfer
posted Hide Post
Either on my hip or within reach.

Posts: 1639 | Location: South East Mo. | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post