SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Carry at home?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carry at home? Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
If I have pants on, I generally have a gun in them.

When in shorts or skivvies, there is one (or more) close by. Additionally, I am a fan of the HD magnetic mounts and have a few strategically placed guns around the house for easy access should a need arise and I have need to grab one.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10922 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying for nearly fifteen years and it is more convenient for me to simply leave the pistol on my hip then secure it somewhere when I get home and have to retrieve it to go back out.

If I am dressed I have my pistol on my hip, period, full stop. I don't see the point in securing a sidearm in a lockbox or safe when there is the chance, however small, that I may need it in an emergency. It is also worth noting that I wear a sturdy 5.11 belt so I barely notice the extra weight of the P229.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Depends...always have one available to hand quickly if at home, if am out around the property, yes.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I'm dressed I'm packing! After my shower around 9 pm everything is locked up and alarm set, a weapon is never far away.
I feel naked without something on my side.

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

IMG_0554 by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10922 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
That's why God made scandium J frames. Anytime, anywhere, any clothing.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do the keep one close when at home. Im always within reach, no matter where I am.

Posts: 26 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: March 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Unless I'm showering, I'm carrying. That way I don't have to leave guns all over the house.

Posts: 9488 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Unless I'm showering, I'm carrying. That way I don't have to leave guns all over the house.
Yup, just makes life sooooo much easier and it's legitimately always within reach.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Makes me think of the John Wayne movie "Big Jake" where the bad guy catches the Duke in the shower.
Doesn't turn out well for the bad guy...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Went to drop the trash off at the curb this morning around 0300. Couldn't sleep.

Heard some yelling, cops and a bird overhead. Walked back in and about an hour later on the news, some tool either pulled a home invasion or settled a debt. One shot and taken to OU Med.

This in what was supposed to be a pretty damn safe neighborhood. So to answer your question, yes!

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I am not in bed or in the shower then I am dressed in clothes appropriate for leaving the house. Because I am always dressed (aside from the two mentioned exceptions) I am also always armed with both my EDC gun and a spare magazine. While living in Tampa more than a decade ago I had someone come through my front door one evening. Luckily for both of us he was some drunk fool who thought he was walking into my neighbors house but he sobered up real quick because I was still wearing my Beretta 8045. Unfortunately, I dropped the Publix ultimate sub that I had been carrying back to the living room all over the floor.

Like I told my wife when we first moved in together, "One hundred percent of all home invasions happen at home." That is why I carry a firearm whether I am lounging on the couch or running my Sunday afternoon errands.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
"One hundred percent of all home invasions happen at home."

Wise words.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
, "One hundred percent of all home invasions happen at home."

I wish I could get my wife to figure this one out. She doesn't complain about it, but she has this thing with firearms. Raised in Canada by very Liberal parents. She doesn't care what I do with them, but will not partake in them.

What's funny is more times than I can remember, we were in a situation were the pucker factor was about 9.5 and she looks at me and says "I sure hope your carrying"

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife found herself in one of those situations a few years ago. She joined some co-workers for dinner and while they were leaving the restaurant there were some unsavory looking sorts in the Sooner Mall parking lot. One of her co-workers, who had for years been critical of my wife for having a carry permit, made a comment about how she hoped my wife was armed.

Of course, when my wife pointed this out later and offered to take the co-worker shooting the woman was dismissive of the whole situation. Some people just don’t want to take on the responsibility.

I am thankful that my wife was raised by a cop and has no illusions about the world we live in, even here in the great state of Oklahoma.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Always carry at home or have a weapon very close (same room) or both.
Right now > both.

Posts: 22886 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandboi876
posted Hide Post
Howdy all, its been ages. I either have it on me or touching distance, ALWAYS! I dont trust statistics, I'm a salesman lol and Murphy has upheld his law many a times. I look at it like this, I dont leave my phone much and my pistol is above my phone. Stay safe all, good stuff as usual.

Hi my name is Islandboi876 and I'm a gun nut.

Posts: 208 | Location: Portmore, Jamaica | Registered: April 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry practically 99% of the time including in the house and on the ranch. It is commonsense.

This question is similar to asking “Do you have spare tire, if so why?” Are you paranoid and don’t trust the highway department to keep the highways free from debris?

In my case, I live in a rural area and sheriff department response is projected at 15-30 minutes.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Yes I do, always. Not paranoid just cautious.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
Yes I do, always. Not paranoid just cautious.

What’s the saying?
“call me paranoid at my funeral, until then call me prepared”

Posts: 6297 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post