Carry at home?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/4150034614

January 08, 2017, 04:21 PM
Combat Vet
Carry at home?
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I don't. I do have a loaded pistol in a safe on each floor, though.

What good ate they in safe unless it is one of those on number unlocks?

Kevin
January 08, 2017, 05:38 PM
10X-Shooter
If it's not on me it is within reach.
January 09, 2017, 03:41 PM
MNSIG
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:What good ate they in safe unless it is one of those on number unlocks?

Kevin

Not as good as on body. Better than unloaded and locked up on another floor. Much better than no gun at all. Combined with heavy exterior doors that are always locked, I'm comfortable with my access during the day. At night, one is out of the safe and at my bedside within reach.
January 10, 2017, 08:10 AM
Muddflap
Absolutely. Since I retired, 4 years ago, if I have pants on, I'm carrying. If we go out, it's a 239, or a 2009, or sometimes a K9, but when I'm home, my LCP is always with me.

I have it in a Robert Mika pocket holster. He makes them out of a synthetic material that doesn't absorb moisture. I sweat like 3 people, but I have it on me when I'm washing the truck, mowing the yard, trimming trees, shoveling snow, or watching TV. Doesn't make any difference if the temperature is 110, or 0.

Every month or two I clean it, and blow out the pocket lint. I've taken it to the range, when it's all fuzzy, and it's never failed. Quite a bit of the finish is worn off the slide, and there are some shiny spots on the frame, but no rust at all. Eezox is all I use on it.

I've never felt like I needed to worry, but there's no reason not to carry it. I'd hate to walk into the house, after mowing the back yard, and be met at the door by someone I don't know. At that point, guns hidden all over the house are pretty much useless.
January 10, 2017, 12:10 PM
220-9er
Not in the shower or while sleeping.

January 16, 2017, 01:32 PM
RGRacing
I feel so normal here - I always have one on me. Pico or LCR - Watching TV is sometimes a nice time to fondle the newest pistol. My wife just leaves me alone. Life is good.
January 17, 2017, 10:53 PM
Cobra21
Yes

Risk the consequences of honesty...
January 19, 2017, 06:52 AM
GrumpyBiker
Absolutely!!
As some very astute individuals on here have stated...

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

January 19, 2017, 10:10 AM
ohioup
^^^
I agree wholeheartedly with GrumpyBiker.
January 20, 2017, 06:41 PM
wcb6092
I am carrying only when I have my pants on.

January 22, 2017, 11:34 PM
slosig
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Not in the shower or while sleeping.

+1
January 23, 2017, 10:45 PM
donlapalma
Admittedly, I don't carry enough while at home and I believe that I should do it a whole lot more. I fall into this false sense of security and think that there is a gun close by that I should be fine. It's laziness. I just hope that it doesn't turn into real regret.
January 24, 2017, 10:54 AM
Fenris
quote:
Originally posted by donlapalma:
Admittedly, I don't carry enough while at home and I believe that I should do it a whole lot more. I fall into this false sense of security and think that there is a gun close by that I should be fine. It's laziness. I just hope that it doesn't turn into real regret.

Solution? Carry.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
January 26, 2017, 09:05 AM
sig sailor
I have lived in the same house for 36 years, I've never felt scared or worried even once. However, if I am dressed I am carrying.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.
January 29, 2017, 03:23 PM
joatmonv
I have started. After a few forced entry break ins around me, my pistol stays with me all the time.
The break ins have been apartment buildings but it's getting closer to me. The heroin problem around me has got bad and I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with it.
There have been some videos of armed people going up and ringing doorbells. A certain one got a video and then lights came on. The 2 guys ran luckily. This was in an upscale neighborhood outside of the city.
I'd rather be prepared.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
January 31, 2017, 08:50 PM
HM357SIG
Like some, I get up and holster my 320c, spare mag,knife, and flashlight, but continue to keep all on until I go to bed. With a good holster and belt I'm very comfortable. I live a good area but bad guys come to good areas to commit crimes and one may not have time to get to a firearm and light if one's door is kicked in during a home evasion etc.
February 01, 2017, 04:08 PM
Gutpile Charlie
I have a firearm "at hand" 24/7 no matter if I am at home or away. I always have a S&W M60 snubbie in my pants (if I am wearing pants), within 6 inches of my head if I am sleeping, and have either it or a Beretta 92FS within reach if I am out of my pants. I have been so armed for the past fifteen years.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

February 01, 2017, 04:44 PM
TheFrontRange
Yes I do.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
February 25, 2017, 11:01 AM
Hask12
I carry whenever I can. I can't predict the future
February 25, 2017, 05:29 PM
Old Seadog
Either on my hip or within reach.