SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Carry at home?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carry at home? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I don't. I do have a loaded pistol in a safe on each floor, though.

What good ate they in safe unless it is one of those on number unlocks?

Kevin

Posts: 628 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
If it's not on me it is within reach.

Posts: 4019 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:What good ate they in safe unless it is one of those on number unlocks?

Kevin

Not as good as on body. Better than unloaded and locked up on another floor. Much better than no gun at all. Combined with heavy exterior doors that are always locked, I'm comfortable with my access during the day. At night, one is out of the safe and at my bedside within reach.

Posts: 5415 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. Since I retired, 4 years ago, if I have pants on, I'm carrying. If we go out, it's a 239, or a 2009, or sometimes a K9, but when I'm home, my LCP is always with me.

I have it in a Robert Mika pocket holster. He makes them out of a synthetic material that doesn't absorb moisture. I sweat like 3 people, but I have it on me when I'm washing the truck, mowing the yard, trimming trees, shoveling snow, or watching TV. Doesn't make any difference if the temperature is 110, or 0.

Every month or two I clean it, and blow out the pocket lint. I've taken it to the range, when it's all fuzzy, and it's never failed. Quite a bit of the finish is worn off the slide, and there are some shiny spots on the frame, but no rust at all. Eezox is all I use on it.

I've never felt like I needed to worry, but there's no reason not to carry it. I'd hate to walk into the house, after mowing the back yard, and be met at the door by someone I don't know. At that point, guns hidden all over the house are pretty much useless.

Posts: 2322 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Not in the shower or while sleeping.

Posts: 2646 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
I feel so normal here - I always have one on me. Pico or LCR - Watching TV is sometimes a nice time to fondle the newest pistol. My wife just leaves me alone. Life is good.

Sig Sauer P226R 357 Sig/40 S&W
and a few others.

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Yes

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 3454 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Absolutely!!
As some very astute individuals on here have stated...

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8045
III

"He's a Mean Motor Scooter & a Bad Go Getter !"

Posts: 5165 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
I agree wholeheartedly with GrumpyBiker.

Posts: 472 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post