SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    S&W Shield .45 holsters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W Shield .45 holsters Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted
I'm having trouble finding a decent selection of holsters for the slightly longer and thicker slide of the .45 shield. What's out there that will fit it? Looking for both IWB and/or OWB holsters.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
I know a guy...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've had a Stealth Gear Onyx for the last year and a half. I'm very pleased with it.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dosborn81:
I know a guy...

He does good work.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dosborn81-
Ozarks Holster Co. , makes some excellent holsters
I own several and they work very well for me.

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ozark Holster Company. Great custom fitted holsters, and good prices...

Welcome to my home, that door you just kicked in, was locked for your protection, not mine.

Posts: 79 | Location: South St. Louis | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough to score a knife and kydex sheath made by Dosborn. Top quality work. You will not be disappointed. Actually relieved to see he's still around!

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
The support from you all warms me beyond words. Sincerely, thank you.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I have 4 various holsters for my 9mm Shield that also fit my .45 Shield perfectly ...

Alien Gear
On your Six
Raw Dog Tactical
Fist #1

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RCS Phantom for the 9 fits the 45.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ocala, FL 34478 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're into minimalist holsters, Remora makes a micro clip that works.
I've had it a while for the 9mm Shield I had and the 45 version slips right in.
Clip on it holds very nicely and it's comfortable. I use it for short jaunts around town and not all day carry.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking for the same, and in addition to looking at some of the options already mentioned, I am considering CYA Supply (Veteran Owned) and Concealment Express.

The CYA is appealing in that the holster covers the mag release button, and as a lefty I value that in my selection weighting.

Please let us know what you decide.

Rob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cookster,

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Larry_K
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
I am looking for the same, and in addition to looking at some of the options already mentioned, I am considering CYA Supply (Veteran Owned) and Concealment Express.

The CYA is appealing in that the holster covers the mag release button, and as a lefty I value that in my selection weighting.

Please let us know what you decide.

Rob

I have a CYA for my XDS and also a Raw Dog Tactical IWB. Both have a 45 Shield version available..

The CYA being a taco style has a smaller footprint and even though you have the kydex against your body it's fairly comfy. The Raw Dog is more comfy and when standing I don't even notice it's there. (Carry at 3:30). With the smaller overall footprint I end up carrying in the CYA most of the time, even when I could easily throw on an OWB holster.

Posts: 1295 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: August 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
The Little Foxx is a good choice. The leather backing is very soft.

https://www.foxxholsters.com/c...r?variant=1212574193

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
First you need a Hogue HandAll or Talon grip.
The stippling on the Shield 45 will be very uncomfortable, without something between the factory grip and your skin.

For a holster I highly recommend a small footprint, the Shield 45 is large enough on its own to conceal without adding bulk and extra material of a holster. For me leather sweat shields tend to get too hot against the skin.
Remora holsters for the Shield 45 are large and hot.

I like the Tulster Profile holster, their carbon fiber design is made from Boltaron which I prefer over Kydex.
20% off until July 12th with coupon code America.

I will probably be adding two more holsters to the stable for the 45 Shield.

I like the idea of a bit more cant, maybe an Ozarks Holster set to a 20 or 25 degree cant.

Also been thinking a PJ Holster set for a 30 degree cant would be nice.

For leather I have a Highnoon Bare Asset which I like as well.

I have two Cross Breeds with sweat shields that might be OK if I trim the leather down. One of my Cross Breeds has a single clip aft of the kydex. The 45 Shield is too heavy for that design, which worked fine with a P938.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post