SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Kay Jewelers in Louisiana
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kay Jewelers in Louisiana Login/Join 
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Back in the mid 90s, my wife was hired by a jewelry store in Wa state to instruct a firearms safety class for their employees.

If I remember correctly, they had 6 or so employees show up to take the class.

I remember going to the store and one of the guys wore a Galco Shoulder rig with a 1911 in it. I know my wife told me that one of the employees carried his pistol in an ankle holster and she had to spend some time with him going over different draws from it.

Needless to say - I purchased several items from that shop over the years. Smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jared Jewelers, has posted same signage. Has armed security inside store.

Jared, Kay's are owned by same company (Sterling) in Ohio.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I saw that same exact sign at a Kay jewellers in SW Florida last week. Completely unenforceable. I will never spend another dime with them. The idiots in charge that allow this need to learn not to alienate a large portion of the population.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Kay Jewelers in Green OaK Township (Brighton) Michigan has a similar posting on it's door. I notified MCRGO of that several years ago and they added it to the Do Not Shop While Armed list. Must be a corporate policy?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8067 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
Have not seen that sign at the Kay Jewelers I shop at in NH. In fact, my wife was having some of her jewelry inspected recently. I was speaking to the manager of the day and told her I was laying off of jewelry a bit to buy her some pistols. Come to find out, the manager is into guns herself! Nice conversation ensued. Sorry you folks have to put up with Dicks attitudes there!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Mall has a no gun sign on the doors...but not all the doors.
None of the stores have that on them, just the mall doors.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Same shit here > never going there > EVER.

Posts: 22859 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Here in Florida, a sign like the one on the Kay Jewelers door is meaningless. Worst that could happen, your concealed weapon gets noticed and you are asked to leave. If you refuse, you can be charged with trespassing, but it is not a firearms violation.

The sign in the photo is in Louisiana. Are the rules there similar to Florida, or does that sign have any real "teeth?"

Exactly the same in Missouri.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is hid under my shirt, I do not ask or tell . If they wanted me to leave I would .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I noticed the same exact sign on our local Kay's store. Must be a company wide thing.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Jared Jewelers, has posted same signage. Has armed security inside store.

Jared, Kay's are owned by same company (Sterling) in Ohio.

I was just in Jared's out in Peoria AZ yesterday, looking at my other passion, wristwatches.

Had my P365 with 12 round mag in my right front pocket the whole time.

I believe most of these stores put the "No Firearms allowed" signs to discourage open carry in the stores, they do this because a lot of people are freaked out when they see someone open carrying, even here in Arizona were open carry has been legal for decades..

If someone is really carrying concealed (really concealed) they wouldn't know anyways, and if you had to use it in self defense in a stick up, do you think Jared's or Kay's is going to take umbrage if you just save their store employees?

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clearly they are putting these signs up to protect the customers and employees from armed robbers. Duhhhh. If an armed robber is forced by clearly posted company policy to leave his weapon out in the getaway car, he is now an unarmed robber and far less dangerous, right? So it sounds like a wise and effective policy to me.

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post