SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Kay Jewelers in Louisiana
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kay Jewelers in Louisiana Login/Join 
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted
We were riding around at Juban Crossing mall in Denham Springs, LA tonight and noticed the front door of Kay Jewelers. It seems like they don't want our money if we are gun folks.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’m not trying to start shit with the OP, but is anyone surprised to see these signs popping up?

The perception of safety is what it’s all about. See also...TSA.

Maybe it varies from state-to-state, but these signs are a complete non-factor in Minnesota. The worst you face is a petty-misdemeanor if you refuse to leave if asked....

Concealed is concealed, gents.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
How do they know what's in my right front pocket? Do they have X-ray vison? Nope.

charlie12:

What's the story behind your avatar? I just realized that was my Army Basic Training regiment unit insignia.

I was in Charlie Co, 2/13 Inf Regt at Fort Jackson, SC

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Not that I would give them one penny of my business but do they have metal detectors on their front door?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
How do they know what's in my right front pocket? Do they have X-ray vison? Nope.

charlie12:

What's the story behind your avatar? I just realized that was my Army Basic Training regiment unit insignia.

I was in Charlie Co, 2/13 Inf Regt at Fort Jackson, SC

That was my unit crest from Germany I was in Charlie Co. 1/13th Infantry It used to be a Infantry unit and I was shocked a while back when I saw they now are a basic training unit now. We were in Baumholder Germany. We were a Mechanized Infantry unit in the 8th Infantry Div.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Just another reason to hit Dave up.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

I wonder if this is corporate policy for all their stores or just that one.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Just another reason to hit Dave up.

Roger that If I ever have any jewelry money it will go to Dave.

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Stroll in...........ask to see the most expensive jewelry, watches, etc.
Take your time....browse......ask all sorts of questions....
Pick out several items for checkout.......
Then hand them this:

Big Grin

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:

That was my unit crest from Germany I was in Charlie Co. 1/13th Infantry It used to be a Infantry unit and I was shocked a while back when I saw they now are a basic training unit now. We were in Baumholder Germany. We were a Mechanized Infantry unit in the 8th Infantry Div.

I had to have happened in the 1980’s I guess as I was in Basic in 1991 and 2/13 Inf looked like it had been doing Basic Training for a while at Jackson.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I had to have happened in the 1980’s I guess as I was in Basic in 1991 and 2/13 Inf looked like it had been doing Basic Training for a while at Jackson.

A couple of my friends left the unit in Germany in I think 1976 and it was still there

posted Hide Post
quote:

my Son did Basic there in the summer of 2011, Graduation was first week of Aug. my god was it hot

Posts: 8 | Location: Wi | Registered: September 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Here in Florida, a sign like the one on the Kay Jewelers door is meaningless. Worst that could happen, your concealed weapon gets noticed and you are asked to leave. If you refuse, you can be charged with trespassing, but it is not a firearms violation.

The sign in the photo is in Louisiana. Are the rules there similar to Florida, or does that sign have any real "teeth?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
We were riding around at Juban Crossing mall in Denham Springs, LA tonight and noticed the front door of Kay Jewelers. It seems like they don't want our money if we are gun folks.

I saw the same at a Kay in South Carolina a couple of weeks ago.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

A couple of my friends left the unit in Germany in I think 1976 and it was still there

Up through the early 1990's Army training units had no direct historic lineage. Most schools had one brigade and you trained at A/1 or C/5 or some such unit. Infantry school had two brigades, so I trained at A-7/1. After gulf war one there was a fairly large drawdown and the Army decided to keep historical lineage alive by assigning former active units to the different schools.

Back on topic, Kay is a bottom feeder chain with low quality merchandise. Everything I've bought from them needed repair. They don't get a dime of my money.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I happened upon one in Bristol, TN today. It has very similar wording, which additionally tries to extend beyond the actual store into the parking lot, which is in a large shopping center with dozens of other stores.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I was in another town about 50 miles away at a mall yesterday and the Kay Jewelers had it there too.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

I wonder if this is corporate policy for all their stores or just that one.

And it has nothing to do with their stupid little signs.

PS All major chain jewelry stores have no guns allowed signs that I have ever worked in.

PPS Call Davie T. He'll take care of you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
All major chain jewelry stores have no guns allowed signs that I have ever worked in.
Not a chain, but there is a local jewelry store next door to The UPS Store.

I picked up my mail at The UPS Store one day then stopped into the jewelry store to leave my wife's broken bracelet for repair. I laid my mail down on the counter while I was discussing the bracelet with the jeweler.

He glanced at my waist where my shirt sort of hinted that there was something under it if you were looking for it, then looked my pile of mail which included the American Rifleman and said with a smile, "That's a good magazine."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
I have a shiny gold badge that says I can.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post