SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    CCW Vest or Jacket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCW Vest or Jacket Login/Join 
posted
looking for a good CCW vest or jacket for my x5 legion....interested in a holster as well.

I have the foxtrot1 light on the rail.

any suggestions...?

work hard + be nice to people

Posts: 18 | Location: New England | Registered: October 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Inside pocket carry/outside pocket carry/shoulder holster/IWB or OWB. If a vest will it be more dress mode or tactical mode. Depending on your every day activites and your dress mode have a lot of bearing on what direction you might want to try. Just do not lock yourself into something you are not comfortable with. ................................................ drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would prefer inside pocket and a casual vest (like a north face or Patagonia style)

I was thinning of ordering a holster from Black Point Tactical - it looks as if they have options to include the foxtrot1 light and RDS

work hard + be nice to people

Posts: 18 | Location: New England | Registered: October 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Undertech products. Always go one size up, unless you're a very slim guy. trust me.

https://www.undertechundercove.../collections/jackets

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full-size blaster you're trying to conceal or, at least cover up.

Best to wear layers, loose fitting with materials that have some heft which hang easily. Body type is a major factor, if you've got a big boiler jutting out, slouchy shoulders or, short waisted, you've got to figure things out.

I'm a fan of Vertx, however you also don't want to wear apparel that screams: I GOT SOMETHING UNDERNEATH. Just make sure you're wearing something that is appropriate for the surroundings and weather.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I have a Cinch CCW softshell jacket. It has a large inner pocket on each side that has velcro that mates with velcro you add on the holster.

It was a gift and I never intend to carry a gun in it, but I've used it to hold spare mags and a flashlight rather than a gun.

It came with a cheap universal fabric holster that I would toss out and use something else like an actual kydex with velcro stuck to it.
https://cinchjeans.com/store/p...ealed-carry-c193.htm

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Big Wes
posted Hide Post

Posts: 44 | Registered: December 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might as well open carry if you're going to wear a vest. Just screams "I have a gun".

Posts: 597 | Registered: October 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^ Truth told ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nothing screams “ I have a gun more than a vest. Unless you’re wearing waders & have a fishing rod in hand. Another vote for Coronado leather jackets. Just make sure you order the right size...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Maybe try reverse physiology with the vest. Wear one in a place one normally can’t legally C.C., it would telegraph the gun, when you don’t have one.

May as well go all the way, untucked Hawaiian shirt & 511 pants too.

Come on man(new saying), just adding to the drift.

Posts: 6130 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I always chuckle at the comments about vests.

I’m assuming that, in turn, the assumptions here regard the fabled Banana Republic / photographer / safari vests, correct? There are a lot of vests out there but these seem to be the point of contention.

I don’t think anyone cares much about much less notices these vests except a) photographers and b) “gun people.” Heck - not many people even wear them anymore, IDPA matches notwithstanding.

I have a couple that I’ve owned for many moons now that still sometimes get worn. While out and about wearing one, I’ve been asked while at Walmart if I work there haha. I’ve even had a handful of otherwise complete strangers remark along the lines of “nice vest.”

I suppose I’ve countered my own point. Entirely too many people notice these vests. Wink

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I always chuckle at the comments about vests.

I’m assuming that, in turn, the assumptions here regard the fabled Banana Republic / photographer / safari vests, correct? There are a lot of vests out there but these seem to be the point of contention.

I suppose I’ve countered my own point. Entirely too many people notice these vests. Wink

When the words gun and vest get used in the same statement, people blindly assume photographer/fishing vest. When in realty, vests worn usually look like these, the common white collar, office uniform

https://www.instagram.com/fullyvested.sf/?hl=en

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
I found a Kakadu vest at the Silver Dollar City leather shop. It's similar to the SigTac jacket but has no sleeves. The Sigtac pistol pocket was too high for me, but the Kakadu pocket holds the pistol in the same place a shoulder holster does.

I've had a XD9SC around friends who are gun guys and none of them knew I was carrying.

The down side is that the elastic pockets for magazines are rather loose and if I lean forward, the mags can fall out.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...110003274#8110003274

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Do y’all remember the sigtac jacket? I’ve still got mine.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sparky315:
You might as well open carry if you're going to wear a vest. Just screams "I have a gun".

Around here we call a vest a "shoot me first" vest.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Peanut15
posted Hide Post
I too still have my SigTac jacket. A little heavy. I need to get it out and wear it more.

Posts: 57 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: October 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post