SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    VP9SK Holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VP9SK Holster Login/Join 
posted
Picked one of these up today. Looking for an OWB holster, bonus points for something that has belt loops with snaps. It fits my full-size VP9 holster but obviously that is a bit big but it'll work for now. Doesn't seem to be much out there right now.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Nightingale Leather has one in stock and ready to ship but you're gonna have to pay Eek

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouch! Beautiful holster but that's a lot of money for sure.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Yeah, not much out there. Most of the quality holster makers are 4-6 months out. I really like Stealthgear holsters but hate paying quality leather prices for ventilated foam and kydex. I will say, its the only holster I have found that matches a VMII in speed and comfort.

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Take a look at RGrizzle. I carry my P30sk in a Town & Country 2 and it is great. This is an IWB rig but I know Ryan makes beautiful OWB offerings as well. His holsters aren't cheap but are worth every penny. I spent a lot more money on cheaper options trying to find one I was happy with before I bought my first one. Since then, I have bought one for every one of my carry weapons.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Take a look at RGrizzle. I carry my P30sk in a Town & Country 2 and it is great. This is an IWB rig but I know Ryan makes beautiful OWB offerings as well. His holsters aren't cheap but are worth every penny. I spent a lot more money on cheaper options trying to find one I was happy with before I bought my first one. Since then, I have bought one for every one of my carry weapons.

Ryan is plagued with success. Like most of the well know makers and as such, the lead times for holsters is in the 4-8 month range, some even longer.

posted Hide Post
quote:

I've been buying Ryan's holsters since 2012 or so. He's made ones for my G32, P220 and P938. The SK isn't listed yet but as soon as it is I'll be ordering one. Just looking for something short term.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
quote:

I've been buying Ryan's holsters since 2012 or so. He's made ones for my G32, P220 and P938. The SK isn't listed yet but as soon as it is I'll be ordering one. Just looking for something short term.

My short term solution is using the standard VP9 holster.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

I tired this the night after I hit the range and didn't like it initially. Did it again starting a day or two ago and have stopped being bothered by the "extra" holster. The gun carries great.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

I tired this the night after I hit the range and didn't like it initially. Did it again starting a day or two ago and have stopped being bothered by the "extra" holster. The gun carries great.

Just depends on the holster. Ive been known to do it with my Glocks but only with kydex or my stleathgear. The leather stuff is for the specific gun only. Its bad for the leather in the long run. My wife is doing the same with her SK until the SK specific holsters arrive.

posted Hide Post
My VP9 holster is from Garrett. Kydex with leather liner.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Ive had a few those. I doubt here would be any long term detriment to using it.