SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    J-Frame Ankle Holster Recommendations
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
J-Frame Ankle Holster Recommendations Login/Join 
Member
Picture of fnforme
posted
Moving to a new downtown office made me decide to start packing a BUG to my Glocks. Yesterday I ordered a no lock S&W 442 that I'd prefer to ankle carry for several reasons. I really, really dig the Alien Gear ankle holster but they don't make them for any revolver models. I'm looking for suggestions for something comfortable and secure.
 
Posts: 3364 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 887 | Location: Back in Texas... | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Galco ankle glove.


NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell
 
Posts: 862 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
Ankle Glove or Lou Alessi. You see them on eBay occasionally.
 
Posts: 3547 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Desantis Die Hard.

Superb, awesome quality. So good that I wrote the company, which I rarely do. It's every bit the quality of the Galco at half the price. Desantis has better CS, too. I know that one from personal experience.
 
Posts: 633 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:


I think they have an upgrade to this holster now. the holster is actually molded leather attached to the elastic banding. I find it OK, particularly with a boot. the all elastic version not so much.


"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison
 
Posts: 815 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Galco Ankle Glove.

I've owned both the Ankle Glove and the Die Hard, and while both are excellent, I favor the Galco more.


__________________________
www.opspectraining.com
"It pays to be a winner."
 
Posts: 11831 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Another vote for the Galco Ankle Glove.
Another. Mine has the thumb break which I prefer for an ankle gun.
 
Posts: 41103 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
After trying my first Galco Ankle Glove for a g26, I switched my other 2 ankle rigs to that. For my Kahr PM9 I have the Galco Ankle Lite (I think that's the name). Great rigs.
I had an Allessi, and even though it's a top quality holster I hated that the ankle strap is not flexible and as much as I tried to cinch tighten the strap it was loose in 5 mins. Really disappointed in that.
Look for a brand like the Galco that has a stretchy band that cinches tight and conforms to your leg.
 
Posts: 2976 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Galco Ankle Glove is the only ankle rig I'll use, and I'm not otherwise a fan of Galco.
 
Posts: 1696 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
I've been using Alessi ankle holsters for almost 20 years. Carried J Frames, Glock 27, and now a 43 in them. The craftsmanship is outstanding.
 
Posts: 648 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If you like the Alessi design, I would also look at Ritchie Holsters. I have been using one for about 5 years with a PM9 and have been very pleased. Skip Ritchie was Lou's partner for a number of years and builds a great holster at a slightly lower price point.
 
Posts: 23 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
Ankle Glove or Lou Alessi. You see them on eBay occasionally.


This.


Ignem Feram
 
Posts: 267 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I carry my M637 PC in a DeSantis Apache with the ankle support strap. Very comfortable and very secure.
 
Posts: 490 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuglespritz:
I've been using Alessi ankle holsters for almost 20 years. Carried J Frames, Glock 27, and now a 43 in them. The craftsmanship is outstanding.


I’ve been ankle carrying for the last 25 years as my primary means. J frames, Glock 26, Kahr, etc. the Alessi (or Ritchie) ankle holsters are heads and tails above the Galco Ankle Glove, Ankle Light or the Desantis Apache. I’ve worn them from 6am - midnight most days of the week and they stay put and secure the weapon - comfortably. I had issues with the Galco Ankle coming undone at the Velcro after long days (usually once the holster is a few months old). The strap on the Alessi design goes thru a buckle and then velcroes back against itself.

I’ve had my J frame Alessi for 10 years now, my Glock Alessi for about 8 years and the Ritchie for my Glock for about 5 years. It’s a brilliant design.
 
Posts: 271 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
ALESSI Look no further...

The initial cost can be a bit more than the others. Quality, Comfort and Service life will show that it wasn't that much after all...
The design for their ankle holster is very secure but it's not as svelt as some other offerings. it is thicker as a result of the buckle and strap. The felt they use is comfortable, conforming and wicks away moisture and sweat really well.

I own and use Alessi Holsters some made as far back as 1985. Still viable today as when new.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Alessi but got to go with them to SHOT for about 4 years I spent a lot of time in their booth showing their holsters. Many a Govt. Agency use their Ankle Holster by choice... Alessi (RIP) and my brother were long time friends.
 
Posts: 5394 | Location: Near Sutters Fort.  | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stormin:
quote:
Originally posted by Kuglespritz:
I've been using Alessi ankle holsters for almost 20 years. Carried J Frames, Glock 27, and now a 43 in them. The craftsmanship is outstanding.


I’ve been ankle carrying for the last 25 years as my primary means. J frames, Glock 26, Kahr, etc. the Alessi (or Ritchie) ankle holsters are heads and tails above the Galco Ankle Glove, Ankle Light or the Desantis Apache. I’ve worn them from 6am - midnight most days of the week and they stay put and secure the weapon - comfortably. I had issues with the Galco Ankle coming undone at the Velcro after long days (usually once the holster is a few months old). The strap on the Alessi design goes thru a buckle and then velcroes back against itself.

I’ve had my J frame Alessi for 10 years now, my Glock Alessi for about 8 years and the Ritchie for my Glock for about 5 years. It’s a brilliant design.


Any tricks to carrying a Glock 26 on your ankle? I've carried a J-frame in a Renegade for about 10 years now. I'm interested in moving on to a G26.


A golf course is a terrible waste of a perfectly good rifle range. -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
 
Posts: 3833 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
BUGbite holster


_____________________________________________________________________
”At pretium libertatus“
امّا شما مشخص خواهد شد كه با همه شما را ملاقات کنند
 
Posts: 11298 | Location: Carolina but Texas in my heart | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
quote:
Originally posted by stormin:
quote:
Originally posted by Kuglespritz:
I've been using Alessi ankle holsters for almost 20 years. Carried J Frames, Glock 27, and now a 43 in them. The craftsmanship is outstanding.


I’ve been ankle carrying for the last 25 years as my primary means. J frames, Glock 26, Kahr, etc. the Alessi (or Ritchie) ankle holsters are heads and tails above the Galco Ankle Glove, Ankle Light or the Desantis Apache. I’ve worn them from 6am - midnight most days of the week and they stay put and secure the weapon - comfortably. I had issues with the Galco Ankle coming undone at the Velcro after long days (usually once the holster is a few months old). The strap on the Alessi design goes thru a buckle and then velcroes back against itself.

I’ve had my J frame Alessi for 10 years now, my Glock Alessi for about 8 years and the Ritchie for my Glock for about 5 years. It’s a brilliant design.


Any tricks to carrying a Glock 26 on your ankle? I've carried a J-frame in a Renegade for about 10 years now. I'm interested in moving on to a G26.


Not too many. I wear “boot cut” jeans which are big enough around the ankle for me so they don’t squeeze on the holster and make it look like I’m printing. One thing to keep in mind is that with the baby Glocks being thick, you don’t want your other pants leg looking like there’s just a toothpick inside and they look uneven.

Also, I can ankle carry a 26 best with the flush 10 rounder. With any of the +2 mags, the corner starts to poke out a bit thru the fabric. Try rotating the holstered gun slightly around your leg to see how it fits the most flush.

I’ve been ankle carrying for so long that I have a slight indentation on the muscle on the inside of my leg (kinda like a tight wedding band does to your finger). It helps make a nice little pocket for the ankle holster to lock into - lol.
 
Posts: 271 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Part of the problem with a semi like a G26 on the ankle is it's flat - I think the revolver cylinder bulge actually helps is blend with not only your pants but your calf.

Not to mention the hammerless revolver is less likely to snag on anything coming out if your pants get in the way.

Not saying a G26 / semi is impossible, but for me it's just a BUG so I go J-frame all the time for ankle carry.
 
Posts: 41103 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    J-Frame Ankle Holster Recommendations

© SIGforum 2019