SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    South Dakota Gov Signs Fantastic Emergency Powers Law Addition!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South Dakota Gov Signs Fantastic Emergency Powers Law Addition!! Login/Join 
Picture of Gary Slider
posted
South Dakota - The Governor has signed HB 1296 that added section 34-48A-5.1 to the state statutes and it went into effect immediately. This provision expanded Firearms protections further than any other state has to my knowledge. You should read it as it will make your day! You can read the bill at https://mylrc.sdlegislature.go.../Documents/70292.pdf

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Posts: 489 | Location: New Martinsville, WV | Registered: February 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
But the act has a sunset. See bottom of my post.

20.930.113947HB1296ENROLLED34-48A-5.1.
Governmental authority--Disaster--Terrorist attack--Emergencies--Limitations related to firearms and weapons.

No state agency, political subdivision, or any elected or appointed official or employee of this state or of a political subdivision may, under any governmental authority or color of law, including any other statutorily authorized responses to disaster, war, acts of terrorism, or emergencies of whatever kind or nature:

(1)Prohibit, regulate, or curtail the otherwise lawful possession, carrying, sale, transportation, transfer, defensive use, or other lawful use of any:
(a)Firearm, including any component or accessory;
(b)Ammunition, including any component or accessory;
(c)Ammunition-reloading equipment and supplies; or
(d)Personal weapons other than firearms;
(2)Seize, commandeer, or confiscate in any manner, any:
(d)Personal weapons other than firearms;
(3)Suspend or revoke a permit to carry a concealed pistol issued pursuant to chapter 23-7, except as expressly authorized in that chapter;
(4)Refuse to accept an application for a permit to carry a concealed pistol, provided the application has been properly completed in accordance with chapter 23-7;
(5)Close or limit the operating hours of any entity engaged in the lawful selling or servicing of any firearm, including any component or accessory, ammunition, including any component or accessory, ammunition-reloading equipment and supplies, or personal weapons other than firearms, unless the closing or limitation of hours applies equally to all forms of commerce within the jurisdiction;(6)Close or limit the operating hours of any indoor or outdoor shooting range; or(7)Place restrictions or quantity limitations on any entity regarding the lawful sale or servicing of any:
(d)Personal weapons other than firearms.

Any person aggrieved by a violation of this section may file an action for damages, injunctive relief, or other appropriate redress in the circuit court having jurisdiction over the county in which the aggrieved person resides or in which the violation occurred.

Section 3.This Act is repealed on July 1, 2021

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Good work.

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Governor Kristi Noem is the kind of Governor that I would want governing my state - that is the best praise I can give her.

A job well done!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've been hearing more and more about this person. Does she have any national aspirations?

Posts: 7518 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I'm in LOVE with this Governor! Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8862 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post