SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Carrying While In Church - Skinner Sights Concealed Carry Bible Cover?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carrying While In Church - Skinner Sights Concealed Carry Bible Cover? Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Are the ushers outside? Door locked outside but push to open from the inside?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:
For instance, one of the things we quietly started doing is locking the doors to the main sanctuary after service begins. We have an usher posted at those doors who is there to greet people and let them in if they come late, but also to observe.

Glass doors are easily shot out.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Are the ushers outside? Door locked outside but push to open from the inside?

The usher sits just inside the door and the doors push open from the inside.....I believe

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:
For instance, one of the things we quietly started doing is locking the doors to the main sanctuary after service begins. We have an usher posted at those doors who is there to greet people and let them in if they come late, but also to observe.

Glass doors are easily shot out.

If someone really wanted to come in and get us it would be tough to stop them before they did some damage.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Unless we’re talking about something that’s armored up like an embassy safe room in Mogadishu, passive defensive measures will ultimately always be subject to failure if the attacker is prepared and motivated enough. That’s not to say, though, that they should be disregarded. Anything that slows someone down buys time, whether it’s to allow the police to respond or for people to flee through emergency exits. Commercial building glass, for example, is often laminated and is actually not that easy to remove with a few shots.

Ultimately the only sure way to defeat an attacker is by fighting back, and the most effective way to do that is to use the most effective self-defense weapons that are available to individuals: firearms. That’s an inescapable fact, and until it’s understood and accepted by the individuals and organizations concerned, anything else will be only a partial measure.

Even the presence of firearms won’t guarantee that no good people get hurt. If a murderer comes in with an AK and lots of ammunition, any success that a few defenders with J-frames or LCPs can hope to have will be dependent upon their using proper cover, concealment, and tactics—to include allowing people to be shot until they’re in a position to return fire effectively.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
.Beware of huggers though, got hugged a few times and am pretty sure they were wondering what was on my left side..
Yep, family knows I carry, but friends...well that's another story. I don't encourage hugging when I'm armed. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kydex makes more noise than leather does with 4 o'clock position carry when it hits a non padded wood pew. Huggers are huggers everywhere. Other than that, concealed is no different than anywhere else.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend carries his off duty pistol, a G26, on his ankle at church. I carry a G32 in a soft briefcase-satchel, with two spare magazines. A G43 rides in suit pockets or slacks in a DeSantis pocket holster, without much difficulty or print.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I appreciate all of the feedback that has been given so far. I still haven’t made a decision on how I’m going to carry. I just put some money down on a P365. I’m not sure when it will actually show up. If that proves to be reliable then I can see that being my all around CCW and it will be much easier for me to hide compared with the P229.