SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Good pocket holster for a glock 42
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good pocket holster for a glock 42 Login/Join 
posted
Since getting my glock 42 parts upgraded at a gssf match and getting the e mail glock is sending me the upgraded magazines, I am hoping to vet the pistol as reliable enough for carry. Should that occur, I will be looking to get a pocket holster for it.

What are everyone’s preferred pocket holsters?

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
While I've used a leather pocket holster for a S&W 642 from JW O'Rourke for several years now, I used a DeSantis Nemesis synthetic for a Glock 26 for a comparatively short while.

While the holster worked well, I admit I'd probably opt for a leather pocket holster again if I were to pocket-carry a 26 or a 42.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Kydex pocket holster from lefthandholster.com

I have about 6 of them for various guns and think they are the best designed pocket holster on the market.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
I regularly pocket carry a Glock 26 and have 2 pocket holsters for it.

The Galco Pocket Horsehide works great if drawing clean from the pocket. It has a tall rib in the front that engages the pocket, leaving the holster inside on the draw stroke.

The Alabama Pocket holster works even better for keeping the gun from sliding up and down in the holster but it has a ledge on the side that requires your thumb to push the gun out of the holster on the draw.

Hope this helps...

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of Desantis Nemisis pocket holsters. I've done a P7, DB9, Shield 40 and G19 in them and they do what they are supposed to.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Vedder Pocket Locker.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I carry a G43 in a DeSantis Nemesis almost daily. Love it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
DeSantis Nemesis for G42, G43, and Ruger LCR.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a DeSantis holster, primarily for a smith 642, or a G43. It works very well. I also use a DeSantis pocket holster for the G33.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry 90% of the time and went through many pocket holsters of various material but always come back to the DeSantis Nemesis.

I think it truly is the best pocket holster on the market. The leather and Kydex ones I had tried never wanted to stay put while drawing the pistol but the Nemesis works each and every time like that.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Kydex pocket holster from lefthandholster.com

I have about 6 of them for various guns and think they are the best designed pocket holster on the market.

Another vote for AHolster (lefthandholster.com). I've had several. For a striker-fired gun like the G42 or LCP II, the AHolster is perfect. It secures the trigger but still allows for an easy draw with the holster remaining in the pocket.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
I like Mika's pocket holsters. They aren't as thick as most and conceal well. I have a Kahr CM9 that disappears in relaxed fit jeans. It orients the gun in the pocket very well also.

https://mikaspocketholsters.com/

Posts: 349 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigbuck5:
I like Mika's pocket holsters. They aren't as thick as most and conceal well. I have a Kahr CM9 that disappears in relaxed fit jeans. It orients the gun in the pocket very well also.

https://mikaspocketholsters.com/

Everything I've bought from Mika worked well.

Genuinely nice guy, from my dealings. The kind of guy you just hope always does well.

If (when) I buy a P365 I'll be getting a holster from him.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
On a whim, I added one of the new Tuff Products Pocket-Roo holsters to a recent order from MidwayUSA . The thing is surprisingly good.
http://www.tuffproducts.com/5077-pocket-roo-holster/
It features a second pocket for a quick strip for my LCR. Which adds some width to it, so it may not fit in tight pockets.
They do make them without the second pocket, aka the Jr. Roo .
The material used by Tuff is more grippy than my beloved Remora holsters, and also is softer. This is my new #1 brand of pocket holster. Price was lower than Remora as well. Works great as a clip-less IWB holster, too.
Very impressive.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post