SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Any first hand experience with a sling bag or backpack for an MPX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any first hand experience with a sling bag or backpack for an MPX Login/Join 
Picture of The Bandit
posted
I am looking for one, but would like to know if anyone has tried the Sig or any other brand and liked it. Just looking for a more discreet bag to carry it in when I travel.

Posts: 4334 | Location: Erie, Pa, USA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used a few sling bags but not for a rifle. I found sling bags are good for carrying from home to car car to office but thats about it. Get any weigjt in them and they can be very uncomfortable to carry for any extended period of time. Forget going for a hike with one.
Traveling with one might be doable of your throwing it in the car.
I have a 5.11 rush sling bag that i like but it doesn't get used as much as my regular backpacks. They just aren't as practical.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
while I don't own an MPX h have carried my Glock 19 in one of Vertx's sling bags. Check them out I'm sure one of their bags will fit the MPX.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I have a VertX Gamut 2.0 backpack that I use with my CZ EVO Micro and my Sto and Go AR Pistol and it holds both very well. Plenty of room for other stuff too.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I use a Vertx Gamut with my CZ Scorpion. It's a very well-designed and well-made SBR/Pistol backpack.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I use a Vertx Gamut with my CZ Scorpion. It's a very well-designed and well-made SBR/Pistol backpack.

Same here with a MPX...works great.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I use one like this, only blue, for my SBR Scorpion. https://www.amazon.com/Backpac...d=1595984734&sr=8-14

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for a discreet way to carry/transport the MPX have you considered a laptop-ish bag? I recently purchased a CZ Scorpion and after looking at the dimensions I am leaning towards the Maxpedition Centurion bag.

https://www.maxpedition.com/co...riant=12191247466567

It looks somewhat non-descript, it is large enough to hold the Scorp and a small chest rig like the Haley Strategic Micro And has top access for both. You can toss the bag on to the passenger floorboard and easily access it or throw the bag over your shoulder and it looks like a camera or laptop bag.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post