SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    New Hampshire Non-Resident Carry Permit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Hampshire Non-Resident Carry Permit Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
Any of you guys get one or are familiar with the process?

My father in law is a New Jersey resident and just bought 6 acres in Pennsylvania.

I just discovered that he can get the New Hampshire Non-Resident permit and use it to carry when he's in PA. Only costs $100.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I have the NH non resident. All the info you need is on the NH State Police website.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I have the NH non resident. All the info you need is on the NH State Police website.

Nice, thanks.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may need to double check your local laws on that one.

I am a NJ resident and used to have a CCP in PA, until around 2013 when their new corrupt Attorney General passed a law stating that your home residence state must grant you a permit and then you can apply for a PA out of state permit. This immediately voided my PA permit, due to NJ never issuing permits.

The same AG was fired, dis-barred, and found guilty of felony corruption charges, but laws that she passed are still in place.

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xtbone97x:
You may need to double check your local laws on that one.

I am a NJ resident and used to have a CCP in PA, until around 2013 when their new corrupt Attorney General passed a law stating that your home residence state must grant you a permit and then you can apply for a PA out of state permit. This immediately voided my PA permit, due to NJ never issuing permits.

The same AG was fired, dis-barred, and found guilty of felony corruption charges, but laws that she passed are still in place.

The OP has land in PA. It's a bit of work but one could change their drivers license and apply as a resident. Then use the PA permit to get the NH non resident. You do what ya gotta do.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ya, unfortunately he can't change his residence due to employment reasons.

I hear the NH permit is the way to go and is common for NJ residents to carry in PA.

Was looking more for turnaround time, and any other stuff about getting the NH permit.

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
This is the entire two page long application. They don't ask if you have a permit in your home state. I think it took less than a month to get mine.

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divi...ocuments/dssp260.pdf

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I like how the Application (and pretty much everything in NH!) is simple and straight forward. Even the instructions on the back of the form get right to the point:

"A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more of these reasons must be noted on the application, in the space provided for reason(s) for which you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire."

Live Free, or Die! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
It appears that a NH non-resident permit is valid in PA. But a NJ resident that does not have a resident permit cannot get a PA non-resident permit.

Look here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

I have a PA & NH non-resident, both were extremely easy to obtain and renew.

The four permits I have allow CCW in 36 states. And those 36 are the ones I visit / vacation / motorcycle trips.

I show my displeasure for restrictive handgun laws in unfriendly states by not visiting!

For example, in 2015 I went to West Virginia and in 2016 I went to Deals Gap (Tail of the Dragon, TN / NC) and both trips I

had to travel to near Pittsburg, PA to avoid traveling thru any part of Maryland. No biggie, just another couple of vacation

days and some extra riding.

I spent money in every other state between home and trip destinations, food, gas, lodging, Bud's Gun Shop range rentals,

helicopter ride.

But not a penny to Maryland.

Gary Slider & www.handgunlaw.us is the place for obtaining data when planning out of state visits.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1530 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in NJ and have a NH CCW. Because NJ is a shit hole ultra liberal commie state I cannot get a NJ CCW. Unfortunately, I cannot leave for about five more years due to family and work issues.

The NH permit was simple to get and came in about 6 weeks from the date I mailed it. They send it in a small white envelope that can easily get overlooked.

NRA Life Member
Member - SAF/ANJRPC

Posts: 155 | Registered: April 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Not really sure but he might could get a non-resident Pa permit because he owns land in Pa. S.C. issues permits to non-residents if they own land in our state if they can prove ownership. Don't have to have a DL for S.C. Personally, I'd look in that direction first.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Not really sure but he might could get a non-resident Pa permit because he owns land in Pa. S.C. issues permits to non-residents if they own land in our state if they can prove ownership. Don't have to have a DL for S.C. Personally, I'd look in that direction first.

Good idea! Thank. Could be an option.

Picture of RexHavoc
posted Hide Post
Doesn't it still depend on the county? I had a non-resident LTCF in PA for years, granted at the time I also had a NJ permit. After moving to PA I went with a resident LTCF but transitioned it to a non-res when I moved to TN. Could be a Butler County thing though, I know generally the Philly area isn't overly friendly.

I'm moving to WA state so I'll talk to the Butler County sheriff and see what he says this time but with current PA, CT and Utah permits hopefully there won't be an issue.

Posts: 344 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I have a non resident carry permit for NH as I have family there.
As I recall you had to supply 3 references to the state police in addition to a copy of my state cc permit.
The turn around was relatively quick and they didn't even contact my references.

Just came back from there and carried. The problem is that you probably have to drive through Mass and possibly NY so have your ducks in a row for that in case you get pulled over.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
My original NH non res only took two weeks mailbox to mailbox. But when renewal went from twenty bucks to 100 I told them they could choke on it.
And now that they have Constitutional Carry, it's not needed for non residents there.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of szyp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomTR:
I live in NJ and have a NH CCW. Because NJ is a shit hole ultra liberal commie state I cannot get a NJ CCW. Unfortunately, I cannot leave for about five more years due to family and work issues.

The NH permit was simple to get and came in about 6 weeks from the date I mailed it. They send it in a small white envelope that can easily get overlooked.

Amen. NJ is a great state to be FROM! And it is going to get worse here. Can't wait to relocate to a free state.

Posts: 575 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I like New Hampshire and visit the Sig Academey every summer.. but they ticked me off a few years back... I know it is just bureaucracy but they sent me a renewal notice and bill for the $20 and I sent it in, in the mean time the legislature changed the cost and so they sent my check back with a new bill for $100. What the heck? If I sent one of my customers a bill and then received the payment and sent it back because I had decided to up the price you know what they would tell me to do with my money?
But since I now visit New Hampshire once a year I ended up getting a new permit.

Still think there is a good possibility if you own land in PA you can get a resident permit.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post