SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Thoughts on Stealthgear Ventcore holsters?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Stealthgear Ventcore holsters? Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
Anybody have thoughts on these, especially the claim to allow more airflow?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 4126 | Location: Willow Park, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
It's essentially a pad between your gun and your body. Its made of some fibrous foam stuff sandwiched between nylon on the gun side and sports jersey material on the side that touches your body.

I used to have one made for appendix for a Glock 26 and still have a Revolution for a G19.

I would say it adds more "airflow" in the sense that the material lets your skin breathe as you perspire, rather than having sweat accumulating between your body and non-poruous holsters like leather or kydex.

I will say that I use different holsters for carry, so I can't comment on long term usage.

Posts: 5853 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I have the Onyx. Love it. You still feel it, and it still gets warm. I've worn it for 2 and a half years. Don't see the need to try anything else.

Posts: 5465 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post