SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Low ride kydex holsters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Low ride kydex holsters Login/Join 
posted
Im looking for a low ride or deep cover IWB kydex holster for a glock 27. I currently have a Ozark holster but would like to get the grip a little lower on the belt line. I would like something with a single belt clip. Any recommedations?

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
RM Holsters makes the "lowrider." Paul at PJ Holsters can make them ride low with whatever cant you want. Turnaround is fast too. Cook's Holsters has a custom ride height/cant option too.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Also look at VEDDER HOLSTERS. Single very strong slip with cant and height adjustments, Kydex molding is top quality and turn around in less than a week.

FWIW, if you lower the pistol to much iwb, you will have difficulty acquiring a full initial grip.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im liking the Vedder so far

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
RM Holsters makes the "lowrider." . . .

I've got a couple of RM lowriders and like them. Simple, comfortable and concealable.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
The two I like and use for IWB carry with a G27 are:

1- FIST #20 Hybrid (leather over thin kydex) with tension screws added.

2- G-Code INCOG Eclipse.

With the INCOG Eclipse you have the option to adjust how low it rides.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DMF,

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Im looking for a low ride or deep cover IWB kydex holster for a glock 27. I currently have a Ozark holster but would like to get the grip a little lower on the belt line. I would like something with a single belt clip. Any recommedations?

I can get it lower for you. Shoot me an email when you have a couple of minutes and we'll get you fixed up.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Garret Silent Thunder GT is a fantastic holster.

http://www.giholsters.com/product-p/gt1000.htm

I carry my P320 with full size slide and compact grip in one. It rides pretty low as it is, but if you wanted it lower it would be pretty easy to make a longer clip for it.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
RM Holsters makes the "lowrider." . . .

I've got a couple of RM lowriders and like them. Simple, comfortable and concealable.

I have one for my G19 and I love it.
And I live where they are made so I can go pick it up when it's ready. Kee is a great guy to deal with too.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can also say the Vedder Light Tuck is a great holster. All my CCW guns ride in the Light Tuck.

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
If you don't find anythig else, I have an extra PJ holster if you are interested.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by meyerch5:
I can also say the Vedder Light Tuck is a great holster. All my CCW guns ride in the Light Tuck.

I just bought a Vedder and its fantastic

Fuimus
posted Hide Post
High Noon makes some deep tuck.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Vedder sounds interesting and they're less than an hour drive from me!

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
American Viet Kieu
Picture of christuan
posted Hide Post
You might want to check out Kilo Bravo.

My review here:

http://www.gunsandtactics.com/...pendix-holster-i-own

"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 6051 | Location: PacNW | Registered: January 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
If you appendix carry, I recommend Zorn Holsters.
I have 2 Zorn Holsters "Skinny Rigs" for my Glock 26. My Favorite holsters.

They have custom made lengths for your clip at any height of ride you wish.

I ordered an extra clip at 64mm, and the grip is right on the belt line.

Use their quick ship option, and ordering a custom clip for fastest delivery time.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Vedder from a forum member. I have to say, the build quality is excellent. I haven't had a chance to spend a day carrying it, yet.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another fan of the rm low rider as well, have one for all my carry options (except my M&P 340, that's pocket).

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post