SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    P238 Pocket Holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P238 Pocket Holster Login/Join 
posted
I have been carrying my P238 in a Super Fly for about 5 years now. Well it is time for a new holster and I wondered if you would stay with the Super Fly or go to a Sticky holster or maybe something else. I carry every day in shorts and pants with cargo pockets since it doesn't work well with jeans or regular shorts. Any help will be welcome.

LMRichter

Posts: 2 | Location: Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Don't know if this will help much but I have acquired a number of holsters for my P238 over the years since buying the pistol in 2010. They serve different situations.

RKBA leather pocket holster
Remora "No Clip" IWB #2P-SS PlusMag holster
Remora OWB-2ART holster
Blackhawk 421433BN-R leather IWB clip
Remora pocket magazine pouch

The Remora IWB (great for beltless carry) and RKBA pocket holster have seen the most use. The Remora OWB is one I frankly dislike as it is "fiddly" to adjust on a belt so it has been rarely used and classed as a regretful acquisition. The Blackhawk is the newest having been bought only a couple months ago and has been worn both inside my pants as well as between belt and pants which has become my preference with this holster.

The Remora OWB holster is shown with the velcro flap pulled back and the magazines in the pocket pouch are pulled out for illustration purposes.

As an aside the maker of the RKBA, Stephen McElroy, has retired from holster making.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A few more pix Smile

Rough hide out on the inside surface enhances pocket retention.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a pocket holster made by Aholster it’s a thin kydex and I have several

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a huge fan of my Ryan Grizzle pocket holster.
Tim

Posts: 118 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post