SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Which Belly Band?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Belly Band? Login/Join 
Picture of NorfolkP229
posted
Looking for a belly band carry setup for walks in the neighborhood, walking the dog, bicycling, etc. Top two contenders are the Crossbreed and Aliengear setups. Anyone have thoughts, or experience with carrying with a belly band?

This would be with a HK P30SK.

Crossbreed

Aliengear

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7896 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Crossbreed. It is of good quality but its Kydex holster makes it pretty bulky.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using the Crossbreed Modular Belly Band for a couple years now, very happy with the actual belly band. As for kydex to go with the belly band, my preference is the Pit Viper by Concealment Solutions. Much better fit and finish than the Crossbreed products at a better price. Jason is awesome to deal with.

Where the Crossbreed Modular Belly Band really shines is when you are unable to wear a belt but want to have a pistol available. In biking shorts, work out shorts, sweat pants, scrubs, etc. The design of the belly band provides extra length to the band which allows you to secure the pistol/holster better without a belt by doubling the band over the pistol (I know this is not a clear explanation, but if you are familiar with the Crossbreed system, you should know what I mean). Add a belt and the pistol is more secure, but without a belt, I find it works well. Much better than trying to pocket carry a pistol in a pair of draw string shorts.

Posts: 94 | Location: Michiana | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I did a review on https://www.pistolwear.com/ Pistol Wear. I've been using them for years. I use them for running. My wife uses them for EDC quite a bit.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
probably a stupid question but is holster still required when using a belly band ?

Posts: 52 | Location: pennsylvainia | Registered: July 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daveinbucksco:
probably a stupid question but is holster still required when using a belly band ?

Not that I know of.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
quote:
Originally posted by daveinbucksco:

Not that I know of.

The Aliengear bellyband setup I just bought includes a separate IWB holster that clips to the bellyband. So the band itself has no place for a gun, just loops to accept the holster.

I like it a lot because I can wear it with the bellyband or without.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have a few. I think my

https://www.pistolwear.com/holsters/

Is most often used. It’s secure, can be tight to body.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I also have the Crossbreed Modular Belly Band. I have two holsters for it, one for a Ruger LCR and one for Springfield XD-S. I wear it on my mountain bike carrying the LCR loaded with 2 rds of snakeshot and 3 rds of JHP. The gun stays secure and comfortable in just my gym shorts with a gym shirt over it. I highly recommend it.

The XD-S holster I placed into my 5.11 bag since the holsters have the Velcro backing.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post