SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Trunk carry
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trunk carry Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I would NOT keep a long gun chambered in a car. TMK, they do not have the same drop safeties as a handgun, and might be more likely to fire in a wreck - and, if you're in a situation to get one out of a trunk, I suspect clambering wouldn't be an issue.

Posts: 3354 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
posted Hide Post
Given that just about 100% of the guns used in crimes were stolen from somebody else, I'd be concerned about being a doner. IMNSHO I'd be stashing a pump shotgun in some kind of locking collar for my get home gun.

Posts: 5087 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Given that just about 100% of the guns used in crimes were stolen from somebody else, I'd be concerned about being a doner. IMNSHO I'd be stashing a pump shotgun in some kind of locking collar for my get home gun.

I'm looking at some type of locking device for it. I would definitely feel better.
My maintenance person at work owns a fab shop and I have him looking to make me something.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 1637 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the few times I've kept an AR in my car, I used a long, thick steel cable lock. I locked the bolt back, threaded the cable through the ejection port and out the magazine well. I then locked it to the car seat anchor points in the car. I figure the BCG is locked back, preventing disassembly, and the cable goes through the upper and lower. It's fairly strong, would definitely prevent a smash and grab theft. I even took a cheap case and cut out space for the cable, so it's covered as well.

Posts: 139 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mosquito:
There is a school of thought that says if you can get to your car, leave.

It would take a very special circumstance to get me back into a firefight after I was able to leave it safely.

Sound advice.

Posts: 13686 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Trunk Carry

I see nothing wrong with it...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posts: 35188 | Location: My Happy Little Tire Swing | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post