SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Holsters for P229 carry
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Holsters for P229 carry Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Anyone here that's a big fan of the VMII ever try the N82 Pro model?

It gets rave reviews for comfort, which for me is half the battle of an IWB model (I carry OWB but I *might* consider IWB next summer if I can ever get over having to buy larger pants). I'd love to know how it compares to the VMII, which doesn't by itself look all that comfortable without some sort of undershirt (whereas the N82 doesn't need that and can be worn directly against the skin with perfect comfort even with a pistol with a rough grip).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 372 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons:
Anyone here that's a big fan of the VMII ever try the N82 Pro model?

It gets rave reviews for comfort, which for me is half the battle of an IWB model (I carry OWB but I *might* consider IWB next summer if I can ever get over having to buy larger pants). I'd love to know how it compares to the VMII, which doesn't by itself look all that comfortable without some sort of undershirt (whereas the N82 doesn't need that and can be worn directly against the skin with perfect comfort even with a pistol with a rough grip).

Kellytoons, the N8squared holster hit the market well after I bought my MS VM2. Since I've been completely satisfied with my MS VM2, I've not had any reason to get a N8squared holster and try it out. So I have no comparison experience to share with you.

I will say, though, that since I'm Mormon I always have a T-shirt on. My MS VM2 doesn't touch my bare skin. Neither would a N8squared holster, or any other IWB holster for that matter. But if you don't wear underwear then an IWB holster would always be in contact with your bare skin, no matter who made it. I'm thinking that could make a big difference in what you found comfortable.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3173 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I've actually gone round and round on this and (right now, at least) have decided that my preferred OWB carry is just fine.

In the summer here in Florida (which is about six or seven months) I dress strictly in shorts and a polo shirt and my EDC is an M11A1 (so, essentially, a P229). I've decided that whatever printing there is (and there is some) is just what I'll live with, and folks will just have to deal with it. While an IWB would help, I am not going to deal with any discomfort at all just to be more "concealed".

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 372 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Does a holster for the P229R also fit the P229 SAS Gen 2, or does the latter require a different holster?

Posts: 3 | Location: West Texas | Registered: July 12, 2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the desantis thumb brake holster.

Posts: 428 | Registered: February 25, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DixieArrow:
Does a holster for the P229R also fit the P229 SAS Gen 2, or does the latter require a different holster?

Yes, they are exactly the same dimensions (according to the Sig site).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Picture of Knezz
posted Hide Post
Like most have said in the waistband - Milt Sparks VMII. Comfortable, well made, conceals well and looks good.

I find out of waistband extremely limited, except in the winter with an overcoat. Even then its limited. Once you go indoors the overcoat usually comes off.

Regards,
K. Nezz

=======================
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." *Gen. W. Thornson*

Posts: 3033 | Location: East Coast | Registered: January 09, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
TT Gunleather IWB Mike special hides a 229 very well.

Posts: 185 | Location: Columbus, GA | Registered: March 30, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 248 | Location: FL | Registered: August 07, 2012Report This Post