SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Holsters for P229 carry
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Holsters for P229 carry Login/Join 
posted
Do the P224 holsters work. Any recommendations for the P229 carry.

DPR

DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Can't help you with the P224, but I use a Crossbreed Supertuck for my P229R. Very comfortable holster. Plus, it also fits my Springfield XD9SC.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

Posts: 1543 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Report This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
All I can say is Tucker HF-2.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 5796 | Location: 35 59'19"N 79 58'33"W | Registered: March 04, 2007Report This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I carry my P229 in an Ozarks holster. It is an outstanding holster. Dustin make a great affordable product. I highly recommend one.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Blade Tech IWB (kydex) holster with a Dan Blocker 1 1/2" belt.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1644 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of tahmail
posted Hide Post
High Noon Holsters for leather

Posts: 35 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 15, 2015Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
A P229 in .40 S&W is my EDC. After going through several different holsters and not being completely satisfied with any of them, I tried a Milt Sparks VM2. That was in 2006, ten years ago now. It completely satisfied me; I haven't bought another CCW holster since.

Give Milt Sparks VM2 a try -- you'll like it. You'll find it here LINK

Side Note: I also use a Milt Sparks pocket magazine carrier, they call it a PCH-M, as part of my EDC. I've also been completely satisfied with it and I recommend it to you.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3211 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Stealth Gear Onyx holster for my P224. My P229c fits perfectly in it.

Posts: 418 | Location: Accross the Mississippi from St. Louis | Registered: February 21, 2007Report This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
VMII and you'll never try another holster.

Posts: 10457 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryan Grizzle Town and Country

Posts: 90 | Location: Arizona | Registered: March 31, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered mine from Nightingale Leather. Great, well fitted holster and a great price with elephant trim.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government

Posts: 127 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 29, 2013Report This Post
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:
I carry my P229 in an Ozarks holster. It is an outstanding holster. Dustin make a great affordable product. I highly recommend one.

Me too, and yes he does!

Posts: 1026 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Report This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
What I used for years to carry a M11, 228, and 229, was a FIST #20 Hybrid (leather over kydex) with a tension screw added.

Comfort of leather, speed and retention of kydex, and it conceals very well. The design in very similar to the Milt Sparks Versa-Max II.

Pricey, but it is money well spent.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 11877 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Milt Sparks Nexus is what I use. It's more modern than the Versa Max II and comes with the super-metal magnet buttons that snap into place on your belt without any effort at all. The angle of the draw is such on the Nexus that it's less likely to print than the Versa Max II but the tradeoff is that it's also a slightly slower draw. The angle of the draw on the VM II is more perpendicular to your waist while the Nexus is tilted more toward the horizontal. I have both and both are extremely comfortable. The big negative is that Milt Sparks has roughly a 6 month backlog. If you need a nice holster sooner than that I also have the Comp-Tac MTAC for my P229 and it's a faster draw than both of the leather Milt Sparks holsters listed above but not quite as comfortable. There's no perfect holster and they all come with trade-offs balancing price, comfort, speed of draw and safety when re-holstering. That's what's great about the Sig Forum, our members post lots and lots of useful information.

posted Hide Post
Older thread but I carry OWB in the Galco Concealable -- with a good gun belt it's extremely comfortable and concealable even in a polo shirt and tennis shorts (my normal attire).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 372 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
CompTac Minotaur for the 229 SAS Gen2. Carries great for me.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the mosquitos will.

Posts: 195 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: September 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
VMII and you'll never try another holster.

Just bought 2 yesterday and wore the one. Never had a holster that felt like this.
Agree 100%.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 1858 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jakpro:
Ryan Grizzle Town and Country

I've been using an R. Grizzle Country Boy for years now. Perfect for the P229.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Endowment)
Family, Guns, Country

"My guns are always loaded."
~R.G. Justified

What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure.

Posts: 18061 | Location: Out of Jersey, Into Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of AK
posted Hide Post
Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. They're currently quoting 12 to 18 weeks turnaround time. If it's for a P229R Top Gun Supply has it in stock. VM2 for P229R

Two rules in a gunfight.
#1. Someone is going to lose.
#2. I'm going to win.

Posts: 506 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 27, 2004Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
IWB: Milt Sparks VM2, w/o question.

OWB: Many choices, but, I have a Milt Sparks I-BAK and it's terrific. Rides high & tight enough that it conceals nearly as well as my VMII.

For lighter, skinnier pistols you can get away with a lot less, but, not with something like my P239 SAS or your P229, IMO.

Yeah: The wait can be long and they're spendy. But, boy, are they ever nice Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe

Posts: 12109 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post