SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Perry Suspenders?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perry Suspenders? Login/Join 
Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted
For those of you who wear Perry Suspenders, do the plastic clip allow for the 1/4" thickness of a leather gun belt?

Posts: 3672 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It's difficult to get on over a 1/4" thick belt at first but the clip will spread and retain memory. Use your finger tip to encourage compliance.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
As I'm sitting here with my Perry's on my 1/4" belt, I'll have to say yes Cool

Actually, it's a benefit. They don't fall off when you drop your drawers. Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
No problem here, even with a thick Armour belt. Snug, but no problem.

The Perry website has a large selection of styles, colors, etc., but if you want to try them at low cost, Walmart carries them under the Dickies / Perry brand. No a big selection, choose tan or black and that's it, but not expensive at a bit under nine bucks.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a Perrys fanboy. Love mine.
However they do make a model that has a SERPA holster integrated into it!
Which, with a little manipulation, would allow you to shoot folks standing behind you! Or your own armpit.
Never saw one in use though. Just on the web site.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find perry suspender clips fine with 1/4" thick belt, but too tight for my Armour 5/16" thick belt.

Has anyone expanded the Perry clips by applying heat or other means? If so I would appreciate some details on how to do. I like the Armour 5/16" thick belts. Thanks.

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted Hide Post
So I got the Perry Suspenders (two point, on side attachment) last night in the mail. Since I have worn traditional six point button attachment suspenders off and on for the last 45 years, these feel a little strange to me. The hooks did fit nice and snug with my Dillon Leather gun belt that I have had for 20+ years. Since the suspenders hook on the side they may take some time to get used to. I also have another set of three point Perry Suspender coming, by mail, that hook in the front and back similar to my traditional (six button, with four in front and two in the back) button suspenders. I don't know how the three point Perry Suspenders will accommodate the center rear belt loop.

Anybody use the three point Perry Suspenders and can comment on how the center back belt loop is accommodated?

Posts: 3672 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
These are the PERRY SUSPENDERS that I use. If you're referring to the same type of plastic belt clip design, the double clip goes to the outside of the belt on either side of the loop, similar as the single front attachments except two plastic clips...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted Hide Post
That's the ones.

posted Hide Post
Don't get me wrong but except for the older gentleman and Michael J Fox, suspenders are something you don't usually see anymore

Posts: 1241 | Location: OHIO | Registered: December 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hask12:
Don't get me wrong but except for the older gentleman and Michael J Fox, suspenders are something you don't usually see anymore
Just so I won't get you wrong, what is your point?

Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Never thought I would, but I love them.

Someone started a thread a couple years ago, and I thought I would give them a try. The Dickeys you get at Walmart are less than $15.00, so what the heck.

I carry a SP 2009, IWB, and the suspenders have made it a lot more comfortable. I don't have to cinch my belt up near as much as I did before. I normally wear a t-shirt, and an untucked camp shirt. The suspenders go under the camp shirt so they're hidden.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's the idea. Use them to hold your pants up with the weight of a pistol, etc and conceal them with a cover garment.

Don't use them if you don't want to. Don't be so close minded to an old idea that still works for many.

posted Hide Post
I used the Dickies brand for the last 5 years the problem is you have to use safety pins to keep straps from sliding.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cuda2045:
I used the Dickies brand for the last 5 years the problem is you have to use safety pins to keep straps from sliding.

Sliding off your shoulders?

posted Hide Post
Farther, my comment wasn't meant to be insulting, but your response makes me think I may have rubbed you the wrong way. Sorry. My point is that anyone under say 50 might appear strange to be seen wearing suspenders. Even at 64 suspenders are not a part of my everyday attire

Posts: 1241 | Location: OHIO | Registered: December 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted Hide Post
No offense take, I was just curious about what you meant. I'm 66 and have worn suspenders off & on my adult life during graduate school in the mid-'70s and on the job as a firefighter/medic. I'll be wearing my Perry's today while going through the jury selection process.

posted Hide Post
I just bought a heavy Hanks gun belt. My Perrys fit fine!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, not sliding off my shoulders, they slide down past my hips. The adjustment buckets do not hold, you need to pin the straps together.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Farther, my comment wasn't meant to be insulting, but your response makes me think I may have rubbed you the wrong way. Sorry. My point is that anyone under say 50 might appear strange to be seen wearing suspenders. Even at 64 suspenders are not a part of my everyday attire

Your suspenders don't have to be visible. I wear a tucked in a-shirt, suspenders, then a untucked t-shirt with a cover shirt or a polo shirt. No one ever sees my suspenders.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post