SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Urban Pedestrian Private Citizen Carry
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Urban Pedestrian Private Citizen Carry Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
^^^^

Thank you. I've got a better handle on the phrase now...

To put that back in context of the video, what I think you're saying is that the deputy would have been better off to have been out of the car before the attacker got that close. By the time she got out, she could only move backward -- there was no opportunity for her to advance on him.

Am I thinking about this correctly?

Rule of thumb, the cops feet always hits the pavement first. She is lucky she was lucky.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
The title says ‘private citizen’ carry. I realize often we deal with the hypothetical, but one has to start with avoidance then highly tuned S.A..

The avoidance part is completing the evening walk while it’s still light out, commensurate with what type of area one’s in.

The S.A. part is being aware of anyone around, letting them know you’re aware. Yes, a busier sidewalk, people are tighter, don’t be oblivious.

As a last resort, take your German Shepherd with you on that walk, a great deterrent.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
A couple of modern "Fitz" specials, Col Applegate was rumored to carry one in each pocket.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post