SIGforum
Custom shoulder holster

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/2630053464

December 15, 2019, 04:34 PM
leonidas211
Custom shoulder holster
Do we know a leather worker who would custom
Do a shoulder holster for me. I would want to be measured etc. sig 365xl.

Please email me if anyone has recommendations.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member
December 16, 2019, 08:38 AM
Pipe Smoker
I’m not sure what you mean by a “custom shoulder holster”. I have an Alessi “Bodyguard” horizontal shoulder rig. A very long strap with lots of holes that provide for adjustment to your body size. And to adjust the angle and drop of the holster and the off-side dual mag pouch. A removable hold-down strap on the mag pouch. I found it unnecessary, so did remove it. After I got all adjusted to my satisfaction I trimmed the straps. Several color choices. Lefty or righty.

Very pleased with the rig. The straps are broad over the shoulders for comfort, and there’s no dangle when I lean forward.

Alessi stated a three month delivery time, but mine came in three weeks.

Serious about crackers
December 30, 2019, 05:49 PM
4MUL8R
As each holster design is unique to that maker, I don't think a custom measurement would help. I do think that a stock holster could be fitted to you, and the excess strap material cut off. To finish the look, a leathersmith would use a rounding roller to burnish the cut edges smooth.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
December 30, 2019, 05:58 PM
leonidas211
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
As each holster design is unique to that maker, I don't think a custom measurement would help. I do think that a stock holster could be fitted to you, and the excess strap material cut off. To finish the look, a leathersmith would use a rounding roller to burnish the cut edges smooth.

Where to find a leathersmith willing to do the project? Also, god speed in Virginia next year.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member