SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    S&W M&P shield - quick review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W M&P shield - quick review Login/Join 
Picture of ACTEG
posted
I'm late to the party, but I recently picked up a shield. Previously I was carrying a P239, but it was stolen recently so I needed to find a new EDC. One thing I didn't like about the P239 was the weight, but I loved the shootability, so it was a worthwhile trade off. As I was looking to replace the 239, I read a lot about the shield and figured there had to be something to all of the positive reviews. My LGS had the shield with night sights for $429, and there was a rebate for $75, so I figured I'd give it a try. I could always sell the shield and go back to a 239 after all.

I took the gun to the range straight out of the box. No cleaning, no extra lube. I put 200 rounds of WWB, and a couple dozen rounds of defense ammo (Sig sauer and Hornady critical defense). No issues, whatsoever. Additionally, the gun pointed very naturally, recoil was very manageable, and the gun was a real tack driver for me. I was effortlessly putting round after round through the same hole at 7 yards. I decided to do some semi rapid shooting on a 3 x 3 target, and quickly moved through the targets. No fliers, all dead center, while working in a few quick mag changes. Lastly I did failure drills. Once again, no issues, everything on target.

I was expecting to have to warm up to this gun, but it was good to go from the start. Overall I am very impressed with the accuracy, "shootability", ergos considering the size of the gun, and the concealability.

Posts: 3584 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the same experience with my PC Shield, which prompted me to move my G43. I find it shoots softer than my G26!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
I also have a G43 and find the shield to be more enjoyable to shoot. The G43 is noticeability lighter than the shield, and that translates to more felt recoil for me.

I am more accurate with the shield than the G43, but I think the front sight got squished during install at the factory because it is slightly deformed. Hopefully once I get that corrected I will warm up to the G43 as well.

Posts: 3584 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACTEG:I was effortlessly putting round after round through the same hole at 7 yards.

How big was the hole???????????????????

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:
quote:
Originally posted by ACTEG:I was effortlessly putting round after round through the same hole at 7 yards.

How big was the hole???????????????????

That is the correct question!!!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my shield California version with LCI and because the more I shoot it the more I like it then bought a second off CA safe roster w/o LCI From an LE came with night sights and a nice job of trigger make it even better Smile

Posts: 224 | Registered: September 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The shield was the first gun i bought for my wife. She loves it.

I'm thinking about buying myself one in .45 acp.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post