SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Ozarks Holsters
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ozarks Holsters Login/Join 
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
I love his holsters but he has not responded to any of my emails either. Just escalated with paypal. Makes me sad

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
He ignored Paypal too and I was issued a refund by PayPal

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I was hoping someone would have better news for an update, I need to order another one of his holsters.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
At this point that sounds like an unwise idea.

There are plenty of reputable gunleather makers that do good work.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking since he hasn't responded to PAYPAL, he is out of business.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to find the copies of my order, I can't remember how I paid. (which makes it hard to get my money back. lol) ETA: Either way it went through PayPal, so I've started that process.

Won't be the first time I lost money on holsters, the last one being many years ago now, taking a beating on some custom leather work.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I didn't have a Paypal account when I ordered my holster, so when I went ahead and set one up last week they didn't have any record of my transaction from January. So I guess I'm screwed. Thanks, Ozark.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Dustin's website is not coming up anymore.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Sad

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several of his holsters and he worked with me on one for a certain type I wanted. His work was excellent.
I dont think he has any real obligation to me or SF members (who supported him a lot) but letting us know what happened would nice. Might even be considered the right thing to do.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately not uncommon for small fly by night holster makers.

Go silent and crash & burn with regularity.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Unfortunately not uncommon for small fly by night holster makers.

I wouldn't call this guy "fly by night" though. That's a bit rough. Roll Eyes

For years he made great stuff and gave every SF member that asked for it a 10% member discount.

For all we know he died or is in a coma somewhere.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I wouldn't call this guy "fly by night" though. That's a bit rough. Roll Eyes

For years he made great stuff and gave every SF member that asked for it a 10% member discount.

For all we know he died or is in a coma somewhere.
From everything I know about Dustin, he is an honest, straight-up guy. You (PaSig) have voiced what I have been afraid of -- Dustin is, for some reason, unable to respond to phone or email.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Dustin years ago, 2013 I believe, hit me with an instant karma when I had inquired on the forum about a decent sheath/holster for my leatherman to use while out at sea. He offered out of the blue to make me a kydex sheath for it. To this day it's still one of the most useful things I've ever been gifted.

It gets used in a very harsh environment and is still perfect. I use it every day on the ship and would feel almost incomplete without it since I typically use this leatherman daily. Dustin is the man.

From 2013:

And here it is right now as I just took it off my belt:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Anyone want to volunteer to track down Dustin, in real life, and see if he is in need of any assistance? I believe some of you may have resources not available to us civilians.

I consider that situation more likely than him just suddenly forgetting his friends and obligations.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The last address I have for him is a PO box in Nixa MO.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did some digging and it appears he may still be in Nixa. And I found where he may be working.
I wont put the info out there, since the info might provoke unintended consequences.
If you dig on-line, you can probably come up with the same info I have.
But tread carefully.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I did some digging and it appears he may still be in Nixa. And I found where he may be working.
I wont put the info out there, since the info might provoke unintended consequences.
If you dig on-line, you can probably come up with the same info I have.
But tread carefully.

If the place you’re referring to is abbreviated ‘CM’ it may be an old listening as that’s where he was before going into full-time holster making. That said it was an amicable parting so he may be back.

Again, I know there were more personal issues going on that he was working through, so it may have been a combination of factors that lead to dropping out of communication.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Sad, was hopeful to add a P365 hosted from him to my excellent P2000SK holster.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I noticed his website was down a couple weeks ago. I was trying to show my MIL his “nolster” and convince her she didn’t want just a clip for IWB carry.

I emailed him and didn’t receive a response. Making holsters or not, I hope he’s okay.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post