SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    IIIA Level Bulletproof Backpack
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IIIA Level Bulletproof Backpack Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted
This video is a year old and I searched but did not see any similar item posted here. It is a IIIa (.44mag and below pistol caliber. the whole backpack will stop .223).

Leatherback Gear Tactical One

At $399.99 it is a bit expensive but you get what you pay for. I have always been a "buy right once, cry once" type of person. I have spent $150 and a bit more on backpacks before. BTW, the TACR10 discount listed in the below video still works for 10% off.

Testing using 9mm, .45acp pistols,and .223 rifle:

Setting Up the Tactical One Backpack (some straps are configured to be used as tourniquets):

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hadn't seen that one before, just the backpacks with a single panel. The split apart, wear it as a vest with front/back protection is awesome.

I didn't understand your "whole backpack will stop .223" comment at first as this is just soft armor.

For those who haven't watched the videos yet, if worn as just a backpack and the bullet has to go through both plates, they stopped 5.56 and 7.62x39. Of course not rated for that, but good to know and a good option to just keep it in backpack config if you are running away from the threat only.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Gecko45 could have used one of these each for his front and back to carry extra trauma plates to help him absorb repeated .308 hits at the mall. Man, those were the good ole days of the Interwebs.

Posts: 2513 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Premier Body Armor IIIA panel in my laptop backpack, well worth the cost in my opinion for the peace of mind.

Posts: 1625 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
We just use insert IIIA panels, easy to move to another backpack when needed.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
Gecko45 could have used one of these each for his front and back to carry extra trauma plates to help him absorb repeated .308 hits at the mall. Man, those were the good ole days of the Interwebs.

I thought of Gecko45 as soon as I read the thread title.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 264 | Location: over lookin' beach and border | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I find the whole concept quite ridiculous.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post