SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Wild Bills Comcealment
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Bills Comcealment Login/Join 
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted
Anyone order recently? They have what I need instock. The webs have some delivery storys from a while back (perhaps due to owner illness) but nothing recent.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nope, not recently. I had one experience with them, back in ~2009. It was awful. Took about 6 months for my "in stock" holster and belt combo to arrive. Never again.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Yea, havent returned email in about 5 days with my inquiry. Wont answer phone.

I will take it as a "clue".

"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Yea, havent returned email in about 5 days with my inquiry. Wont answer phone.

I will take it as a "clue".

Anybody who does that doesn't get my business. A few years ago a well-known gunsmith - who, when I lived in the area, I personally met with - did that to me. Somebody else got the job.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Anyone order recently? They have what I need instock. The webs have some delivery storys from a while back (perhaps due to owner illness) but nothing recent.

FWIW, they usually have a decent sized booth at several of the Carolina gun shows. My experience with them back in the 2005-ish timeframe left me wanting to do business with someone else, but maybe that's because I'm a lefty and they never wanted to deal with anything other than "stock RH items".

These days, if I'm buying leather, my money goes to Mitch Rosen. Good CS and pretty speedy turnaround on Express Line items.

YMMV

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wild Bill himself mans his table at the Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly, VA. Next show is April 21, (3PM - 8PM), April 22, (9AM - 5PM), and April 23, (10AM - 5PM)

Posts: 1313 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markand:
Wild Bill himself mans his table at the Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly, VA. Next show is April 21, (3PM - 8PM), April 22, (9AM - 5PM), and April 23, (10AM - 5PM)

Well if you see him, tell him to answer his phone wouldya?

Heck, Id even settle for an email.

posted Hide Post
Entropy, did this ever get resolved??

Posts: 1313 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Been some time since I ordered from them but, Tucker Gunleather is top notch and Rob is a great guy to work with. The product is also A1.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always been happy with Tucker's....he's my first stop when looking for a new holster. mike

quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
Been some time since I ordered from them but, Tucker Gunleather is top notch and Rob is a great guy to work with. The product is also A1.

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a nightmare with them as well.
Charge comes in as an auto parts store, so I contested it. Some broad calls me several weeks later with an attitude like it was my fault I didn't know what the charge was for.

Never again.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I found quite a few good reviews on Wild Bill's Fusion Paddle ... I wish that I had seen this thread before ordering.

Ordered for a SIG P225A1. Going on 16 weeks for a holster that would take 8-10 weeks. I would understand if they were swamped from the holidays or illness ... but after emailing, calling and even sending a message via their Facebook I have not heard from them.

Will post if/when I receive the holster or if I hear from them.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with a very nice lady at Wild Bill's. She apologized for the delay and is getting my Fusion Paddle out to me next week!

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've never dealt with the vendor but he has some nice looking leather.

However, if you Google his name there appears to be a few complaints going back a few years. To many good leather makers just can't keep up with demand and/or close up shop.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R K9 J:
Just got off the phone with a very nice lady at Wild Bill's. She apologized for the delay and is getting my Fusion Paddle out to me next week!

When it doesn't show up next week, and you call back, she'll apologize for the delay and tell you she'll "get it out to you next week".

And when it doesn't show up the next next week, and you call back, she'll apologize for the delay and tell you she'll "get it out to you next week".

Wink

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Fourteen years ago when I last dealt with him, I had a good experience. In fact I still use two of his holsters, very good work.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by R K9 J:

When it doesn't show up next week, and you call back, she'll apologize for the delay and tell you she'll "get it out to you next week".

And when it doesn't show up the next next week, and you call back, she'll apologize for the delay and tell you she'll "get it out to you next week".

Wink

Was told that the delay was caused by dying my holster the wrong color. Was supposed to ship today. Does not look like it went out today as I was told.

Will be ordering a GS2 from Grizzle tomorrow. Odds are that it may come before the Wild Bill Fusion Paddle gets here.

Live and learn.

posted Hide Post
At 20 weeks and still no holster. Did not ship on Friday as I was told it would.

Ordered a DeSantis from Midway and picked up a Cold Steel San Mai 3 Trail Master for only $270. Such an impulse buy ... Zero need for a beast blade like that.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Can't believe people deal with fools like this.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Can't believe people deal with fools like this.

Me either! Like I said, I wish I had seen this thread before I ordered OR had seen more negative reviews. I typically over-think and over-research everything ... not here. Like Peter Green once sang, "Oh well".