SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Wild Bills Comcealment
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Bills Comcealment Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My Wild Bill Fusion Paddle and single stack mag carrier came today. What they said would take 8-10 weeks took 20 weeks and 5 days.

As far as how this holster is made, it is OK. I understand that the fit should be tight but my SIG P225A1 will not go in the holster. Fit is so far off I will not attempt their recommendation for breaking a holster in. That said, this holster fits my son's Glock 19 rather well. It would appear that after I called a few weeks ago they sent me a stock, Glock 19 holster.

The single stack magazine carrier may work. Very tight and a mag will only go in 3/4 of the way. I may spray P220 mag with Breakfree or silicone and try working it in. If that does not work, it might fit the mags for my 32acp Colt 1903 that I never carry.

Final review ... Waited over 20 weeks for a holster that is of average quality that does not fit the gun it was made for. To compare I bought a DeSantis from Midway that actually fits, is excellent quality and it took Midway three days to get it to me. It is a belt holster and does not have a paddle or snaps SO I may order a GS2 from Grizzle. Have not seen any negative reviews on his work.

From my experience, I cannot say anything positive about this product or Wild Bill Concealment.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Seems like some businesses just don't care anymore, then you deal with a company that really does care about customers.

I recently dealt with a small leather holster company for a 3" 1911. His turn around time was just two weeks and the cost was just a little more than a Kydex holster, which is almost unheard of. The holster arrived within the specified time. It was beautiful but it sat to high on the belt which caused it to roll over when seated.

I contacted the maker with the hope the maker could modify the holster. Nope, he said he wanted me to be happy and he'd make me a new one which would sit lower and have a "wing" at the bottom to stabilize it. He said I could just keep the first holster. That didn't seem right to me so I sent it back to him with cash for the return shipping of the new holster. It arrived in two weeks and is perfect. I highly recommend TT GUN LEATHER.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I highly recommend TT GUN LEATHER.

My personal favorite leather holster maker.

Posts: 32427 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the TT recommendations!

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted how unhappy I was on their FB page and Wild Bill contacted me about making this holster right. More to come ...

posted Hide Post
Still have not heard back from WBC since my last post BUT I got a very handsome paddle from Tucker Gun Leather today that fits my SIG P225A1 perfectly with only a two week wait.

Highly recommend Tucker Gun Leather for their superb quality and great customer service.

posted Hide Post
FYI, Wild Bill will probably be at his table at the Nation's Gun Show, Chantilly, VA. April 20, 21 and 22. If you're inclined to speak to Wild Bill directly, this would be an opportunity to do so.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markand,

Posts: 1313 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markand:
FYI, Wild Bill will probably be at his table at the Nation's Gun Show, Chantilly, VA. April 20, 21 and 22. If you're inclined to speak to Wild Bill directly, this would be an opportunity to do so.

Would like to but traveling halfway across the country for a $59 holster is not practical. They make a decent product ... seem like nice enough people ... but their customer service is not to expectations.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by R K9 J:

Just got off the phone with a very nice lady at Wild Bill's. She apologized for the delay and is getting my Fusion Paddle out to me next week!

When it doesn't show up next week, and you call back, she'll apologize for the delay and tell you she'll "get it out to you next week".

And when it doesn't show up the next next week, and you call back, she'll apologize for the delay and tell you she'll "get it out to you next week".

Wink

You were so right.

Took 20 weeks for WB to make me a holster for my SIG P225A1 that did not fit. After they apologized and said they would have one out to me the following week, it took another 20 weeks for them just to read my request that if they can't make the holster for the P225A1 then to simply make me a holster for either my SIG P220 or Colt 1911. They apologized AGAIN and sent me their paddle for my SIG P220.

Good holster. Nice people. But really really bad customer service.

Would not recommend Wild Bill Concealment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: R K9 J,

posted Hide Post
Dealt with them years ago.
Same issues.
Seems like nothing changed. My money and recommendations go to TT and Grizzle.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchased from them one time, at a gunshow. They had what I wanted. The holster itself is of medium quality. These waits people post about are what you'd expect from a higher-end, semi-custom maker. Quality isn't at that level.

Posts: 885 | Location: Chesapeake, VA | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rush chairman
Picture of Guy1
posted Hide Post
I ordered from them back in 1999. Same story! Had to call daily and pester them to deliver later than they had promised so I could have holster and magazine carrier for a course. Can’t believe they are still around. Lately I have only used TT Gunleather, but also like Mitch Rosen, Kramer, FIST, and Milt Sparks have a place in my huge bin of holsters.

Posts: 713 | Location: MS | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Ryan Grizzle and his wife Kay are gold to deal with. I also like Wright Leather Works a lot for quicker, not quite as custom work.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post