SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Want to appendix carry my 228, looking for holster recommendations

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to appendix carry my 228, looking for holster recommendations Login/Join 
Picture of Syngin1066
posted
Holster suggestions?

Looking for single clip type.

Thanks in advance.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4431 | Location: RI….again…. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Porkie
posted Hide Post
Syngin: I have a High Noon Hidden Impact IWB that I've been using for many years. It's horse hide, tuckable and expensive. My carry gun is a P229 and it will disappear under a golf shirt. The gun is very comfortable to wear in that holster.

Regards, Porkie

Posts: 963 | Location: MN | Registered: November 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

My CZ P-07 - a gun about the same size and shape as the P228 - in its Cook's holster. Very pleased with both. The one thing I might change is to get a blank (undrilled) clip and drill my own holes about a quarter inch lower to make the holster ride just a little higher. You might also want to look at Garrett Industries' Kydex with smooth leather lining. This doesn't go "click-zing!" when drawing like straight-up Kydex does. And several members have mentioned the JM Custom.

Now here's something we hope you'll really like.

Posts: 17752 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Silent Thunder AIWB. single clip. http://www.giholsters.com/product-p/gx5000.htm or: http://www.giholsters.com/product-p/hst3000.htm

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -Aristotle
NRA Life Member

Posts: 5926 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I tried appendix with my 228 in a Kydex but because of the length of the gun and the lower waist of the 501s I wear, it put the gun right into my groin, painful. So tried a soft holster but still biting. I ended up with a straight drop on the belt in the same position as a appendix. I can sit, bend over and drive without the gun hurting. It worked better for me. Now when I carry my "new to me" Seecamp (when I don't want to carry a weapon), it's appendix IWB and I don't know it's there. Chris

Posts: 1326 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Look at VEDDER HOLSTERS. FWIW, they are Kydex with a single very strong metal clip. They have adjustments for cant and vertical up/down iwb. The pricing is very reasonable and turn around time is less than a week.

When life gets stressful, put down your firearm and play with your Barbie.

Posts: 7417 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amsmith281
posted Hide Post
I've tried many holsters for AIWB for several guns and can honestly tell you the most comfortable and effective holster is Jim Ryan's AIWB-CDA II - http://jrcholsters.com/index.p...inside-the-waistband

I use one for my P226 and can hide it with just a T-shirt. Worth the wait and money in my opinion.

Posts: 151 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can't make any of the above work, you could have an appendectomy and carry anyway you want. Smile

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1593 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I must just have the wrong body type for AIWB. I can carry my J-frame in that position, but even that is uncomfortable. I can't imagine something like a 229 there.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Overheard at an actual match:
"Tapers! Come on, guys, we need tapers!"
"No, my name's Gonzales."

Posts: 4743 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum Staff Pilot
posted Hide Post
StealthGear Revolution. Just got one for the P30sk and love it. Inexpensive, very well built and great customer service before and after the sale.

Posts: 507 | Registered: December 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
I carry my VP9 in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB and it's excellent. I got the claw & neoprene wedge options, both a must-have for comfort and concealment. Best AIWB I've owned. I previously had an Incog, also good, but the JM blows it away.

Posts: 1758 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmoneybags:
I carry my VP9 in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB and it's excellent. I got the claw & neoprene wedge options, both a must-have for comfort and concealment. Best AIWB I've owned. I previously had an Incog, also good, but the JM blows it away.

I'll second this. Have the same holster for my VP9 (JM Custom AIWB with claw & wedge), and I use their AIWB with the wedge for my EDC G19 (or my beloved G32 that I cannot ever find ammo for up here in Alaska, and so don't carry as much as I'd like).

"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." - Oscar Wilde

"A nation can survive fools, even ambitious ones. But it cannot survive treason from within. . . ." - Cicero

Posts: 1315 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post